Chapter 23 Visitor

Brooklyn POV:

"I hope that the girls enjoyed them self's today at the Cineplex because I know I had

"I hope that the girls enjoyed them self's today at the Cineplex because I know I had. It's been a long time since I got the chance to go out with three pretty ladies." Nick said as he took a sip of his coffee.

We are now sitting in my kitchen chatting with one another over coffee and dessert.

Abby and Aaliyah were invited over to their friend's house for a sleepover so now it's just the two of us.

"Oh, so you're a player I see hmmm I'll need to keep that in mind there Nicky boy." Placing a smile on my face.

"Trust me there Stacy If I was a player I would have said all the right things to you by now and you would be underneath me in a Flash."

That made me laugh out loud at his comment.

"Ya ok, you keep thinking that and by the way, I thought we are supposed to go by our Alias names?"

"It's hard for me to look at you and call you Brooklyn. I like your true name but to be honest I like the names that I had picked out for the girls."

"You picked out their names?" I was surprised that he had.

"Ya I did but Agent Dupree had picked yours before I got to even have a say."

Nick looked sad in a way when he said that.

"Don't worry Nick the next time I get myself into trouble and I need to change my identity again I'll request for you to pick out my name."

I laughed at my own joke but Nick on the other hand didn't think that it was too funny.

"That's not funny Stacy especially now that you are working for Stephen McKnight."

I took a drink from my coffee cup and placed it back onto my kitchen table.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raised my right eyebrow at him.

Nick then placed his hand over mine and stroked the top of my hand with his thumb.

"He's not a good man Stacy and you need to stay far away from him."

"What's not good about him?" I asking wondering.

"All I can say to you without giving too much detail and information that could jeopardize my case with Brian and his father is that Mr. Cooper and Brian look like Saints compare to Stephen McKnight."

The shock was all I felt with him saying those words out loud.

My mouth hung open that if there was a fly flying around in this room it could fly right into my mouth.

I thought after everything that I heard that night with Brian and his father and how they wanted to sell their own family to dirty old men for sex and pleasure that they were the worst type of people in this whole entire world but now knowing that Stephen is worse than them and made them look like Saints God knows what Stephen has been up too.

"Why are you telling me this now why didn't you tell me yesterday or the day before that?"

Why now? I thought to myself.

My god, I had sex with that man last night and now I find out that he is the worst of the worst of the worst of the two men who I have come to despise now.

Nick could tell that I was upset, my body was shaking with all the thoughts that were running around in my head, He wrapped his arms around my body giving me a tight hug.

"Stacy it's ok, you need not worry. Your only working for the man as his assistant. All you need to do now is hand in your resignation letter to HR and leave it to that. It's not like something is tying you two together as it did with Brian. You and Brian had an intimate relationship with one another with Stephen it's different he is just your boss nothing more. You never had that connection with him as you had with Brian it's all good."

He thinks he is helping but he is not helping me at all.

In all fairness, I understand he is trying to help and he doesn't know that I had already had that intimate connection with Stephen so I'll just have to place a fake smile on my face just agreeing with whatever he had said.

"Thank you, Nick." I patted him on his back.

We both pulled out of the hung at the same time.

I felt dirty and gross now that I had found out some of this information, I needed a shower in the worst of ways to make myself feel somewhat better.

"Not to sound rude but I need to get to bed I'm feeling really tired and I still need to shower and write up my resignation letter to HR and email it to them."

"Oh, you not going to personally hand it in?" He asked as he got up to place his dirty cup inside of the sink.

"No, I think it's better off that I send it by email tonight so with it being Sunday tomorrow they would have enough time to find my temporary replacement for Monday."

I too got up and started to clean off the table.

He smiled "That's a good idea I wouldn't want you to be on Stephens bad side in any way and leaving him hanging and stranded without a personal assistant would put you in his bad books."

Taking a breath in and then exhaling it out.

"Let's hope that I'm not," I said to him but more to myself............

___________________________

So she is quitting her job Stephen is not going to be too happy.

Thanks for reading 🙂