Chapter 7 A little to small

"This place is really small and why do I have to share a small room with my sister?" Chloe whined as she plopped herself onto the couch.

Half of her body had landed on top of me.

" I don't understand why you are complaining. The two of you should be used to sharing a room. Back at your dad's you and she shared a room." I said as I rubed the top of her head.

"That's different, That room was huge and she and I had to stay in the same room if we didn't we wouldn't sleep at night nor feel safe."

I thought about what she had said.

When we first got here a few days ago I had not thought about the bedroom situation because there were only two bedrooms.

One room had 1 bed and the other had two beds so I thought automatically that the girls will be sharing a room.

She was right about their bedroom it was smaller than mine and the only reason I had never thought of giving them the bigger room was that the beds were already in their rooms.

"Ok how about this. Tomorrow you will be starting your first day of school so when you're at school I'll switch the bedrooms over."

"You would really do that for us?" She said with a huge smile on her face.

"Yes, I would really do that for you hun."

"Thank you, thank you, "

Chloe was now jumping on the couch with excitement.

Carly at this point had walked into the living room.

"Ummm why is she so happy? What's going on?"

"Where switching rooms with Stacy." Chole squealed.

"Thank God, that room is way too small for us, it's so small that our walk-in closet back at home was bigger."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at what Carly had said.

"I'm happy that you two are happy about switching the bedrooms but we need to talk about something very important."

I could tell both girls knew what I was going to talk to them about as they both had plumped them self's onto the couch.

"Alright, we need to talk seriously and what I have to say is no joking matter. I have already explained to you about our new background and what you're supposed to say to people if they ask you any questions. We can not and must not tell anyone about our true pasts or anything close to it or something bad could happen to us. Also, I was thinking that we should start calling each other by our new names so that there would be no mistakes when other people are around us. We need to get used to hearing them."

"Alright." They both said at once agreeing with me.

Well, that wasn't hard I thought.

"Ok so from now on I'm Brooklyn and you Carly will be called Aaliyah and you (I poked my finger onto Chloe's nose to get her attention) will be called Abby."

I smiled at the girls to make them feel reassured with everything that has been going on and to make them feel safe.

Right out of the blue Carly (aka Aaliyah) said "I'm kinda scared about starting a brand new school tomorrow. Daddy never believed in us going to an actual School so we were homeschooled. I don't know what it's   like to be around other kids."

Well, that was true, as long as I have none of these girls they have only been homeschooled.

"Carly (aka Aaliyah) there is no need to worry. You're going to make lots of friends and if you would like you can even invite your new friends over to play with and that also goes for you too Chloe (aka Abby)"

"Brooklyn ( Carly put her two hands up and made air quotes when she had said my name) Thank you.'

That made me feel all warm inside and I could feel that my eyes had started to tear up as well when she had thanked me.

This was the first time that any of them had thanked me for helping.

I had looked up at the clock on the wall and it was already 8:30 PM it was time for them to go to sleep.

"Alright, it's time for bed girls. Your lunches are already made are in the refrigerator also your backpacks are on the kitchen table so just place your lunches into your backpacks and I also have a bottle of water there for you inside of your bags so you don't have to worry about that and I Love you sweet dreams, my girls."
I placed a loving smile on my lips.

They both got up off of the couch and lean down towards me giving me a big hug.

"Love you always Stacy."
They said and then left the living room to go to their bedroom.

I just kept on looking at the door that they had just walked out of and said to myself that I had done the right thing by saving them from their father and brother...............
__________________________

I know it feels like it's dragging but I promise better chapters will come.