Chapter 18 Dinner

Kim has not arrived yet, which was surprising to me.

She seems to be the punctual type but I guess I was wrong about that.

The clock on the wall of the diner tells me that she was already 15 minutes late.

I noticed a few people mostly men staring at me as they sat at their booths or at the counter table for what reason, I have no fucking clue maybe I had something on my face

Rolling my eyes I was starting to get annoyed.

One of my biggest pet peeves in life where people not showing up on time.

I'll give her 5 more minutes and if she has not come yet I'll just leave, I can't waste my whole lunch break here waiting for her.

Taking a deep breath in and then exhaling the air out, I found that when I do these little breathing exercises it helps with my anxiety.

Picking up my cell phone that was placed on top of the table I thought to check my emails to see if  Stephen might have sent me something to look over, that man loved to keep me busy.

Scrolling, and scrolling some more...

"Why is a sexy woman like yourself sitting all alone in a place like this?"

A man's voice could be heard over the top of my shoulder.

Taking my eyes away from my cell I look up to see who that person could be.

"Nick, what are you doing here?" I asked with wonder.

I have not seen this man since he dropped me and the girls off at the airport.

"Hi to you too pretty lady." Was his reply as he sat down in front of me.

"Oh sorry Hi, but what are you doing here? Is Kim with you? I'm supposed to be meeting her here."

"Ya about that she won't be making it, but that's alright. ( he gave a big smile) you will just have to enjoy your lunchtime with me instead. So how are you and also the girls? Have you all missed me?" He asked giving me a wink.

"They're great, they have made lots of new friends, having sleepover parties. They have also been invited to birthday parties which they are really excited about since they have never done those kinds of things before."

"That's wonderful to hear that they are happy and enjoying themselves. I have always felt bad for those girls and the life they were living in."

"Same here and I'm happy that I ( putting my fingers in the air to make air quotes) kidnapped them to give them a better life."

"Your amazing did you know that? I hope I dont sound too forward but when I used to hang out with you and Brian I would say to myself that he was a very lucky man to have you by his side."

Nick placed his hand over the top of my hand.

This was a side of Nick that I have never seen before, normally he was quiet and kept to himself whenever I was around him.

Not taking my hand away from his I then said "Kim mentioned to me that she needed some of my blood to help you guys with the case."

"Ya, about that I truly don't feel like talking about that topic at the moment how about I come by later to your place and we can sort all that out, I wouldn't mind seeing the girls again if that is alright with you?"

"That's fine by me, I'll make dinner and we all can chat with one another. I know the girls would love to see you again. To be honest with you I think they have a little crush on you because they call you their hero."

"I'm not the hero you're the hero." He said as he squeezed my hand.

I heard someone clear their throat.

Looking to see who that person could be and to my surprise it was Stephen.

"Hi." Was all I said.

"It looks like I am interrupting a romantic lunch date." He said sarcastically.

Looking back and forth from him to Nick and then to my hand that had Nick's hand over it.

"Oh No we are not on a date, Nick here is just a really good friend of mine."

"I think we are a little bit more than just friends Brooklyn dear," Nick said taking my hand up to his mouth kissing it with his lips.

Oh my god, what is this boy playing at.........

__________________________

Damn Nick got balls to be doing that right in front of Stephen.

Thank you 🙂