Chapter 37 Meeting Stephen McKnight

Stephen POV:

Guiding myself toward the main table where my beloved was sitting.

I noticed right away as my eyes zoomed in on her hands that were joint together with that low-life cop, what was it about this man for her to always be around him.

To me, he looked like a low-life jerk.

I knew that my looks were way better than his but I also do realize that her taste in men wasn't the best with Brian being her ex.

She really had upgraded with me as her man.

Still not prying my eyes from their hands as I overhear Christine Brooklyn's deadbeat mother criticizing my baby girl, so right away my protective side came out.

"I wouldn't say that she is just only a personal assistant to me," I said.

No one had noticed until now that I was standing there.

All eyes were shifted onto me.

The Cooper men were not too sure who I may be but by my words I think they got the hint.

"Speak of the devil and he will appear." Nick's comment about me was funny I thought.

I was a devil in a way for the things I have done in my life and continue to do. I knew for a fact I will never be welcome to go throw the heaven gates but to be honest I truly didn't care either way when you're dead you're dead.

Nick is clearly jealous of me but I don't care let him be.

"Mr, McKnight it's nice to see you again this evening and it's also nice to see you too Candy I hope you're enjoying yourself?"

Being greated that way by Brooklyn Candy looked very pleased with a smiled on her face as she held onto my arm gripping it very tightly.

I tried to shake her hand off, without others noticing but it was no use she won't let go.

She was like a leech attached to my body sucking my blood out, I feel like I might need a lighter to get her off of my arm.

I knew what she was doing, stacking her claim before Brooklyn but what Candy didn't know was that Brooklyn claimed me a long time ago and I belonged to her and no one else.

Gary and Brian Cooper both stood up before me as their shock went away.

"Please to finally meet you in person Mr, McKnight," Gary said placing a hand out for me to shake which I had with my hand.

After shaking his hand Brian then placed his hand out as well to shaken.

Looking down at his hand and looking back up at him with a smirk on my face I took his hand into mine.

I used a little more power and strength than I normally would do when I shake a person's hand.

My grip was very tight and I held his hand for at least 3 minutes.

Noticing Brian's face going red before my eyes I knew it was time to let him go before I break his fingers.

"Oh sorry about that man sometimes I don't know my own strength, I hope I didn't hurt you?"

"That's alright." Replied Brian as he gritted his teeth.

Gary was the first to break the ice as Brian and I look and stared at each other.

"Please do sit with us, Brooklyn was informing us witch you overheard that she is your PA."

Gary gesturing with his hand for me to come and seat beside him in the empty chair.