Chapter 11 ✔ Looking the part

As I was taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I look myself over in my full-length mirror once again to see if I liked this outfit that I had picked out

It's not bad I thought, I didn't show much just mainly my long legs.

My arms and my chest were covered so I don't think I would get any complaints at the office for this outfit, Stephen hadn't told me yet about the dress code.

The office my god I didn't think that I would be standing here nervous as I can be thinking that I had for some odd reason got myself a job from lying to a hot guy like Stephen and to top it all off I get to work with him every day as his assistant.

How does that even work? I thought to myself.

I guess it's true you have to lie to people to get somewhere in this world.

I shook my head back and forth not believing what I was saying it's unreal.

It's almost time to leave I thought as I looked at the clock on the bedroom wall.

You might be saying why are you nervous well the reason for that is I have never worked a day in my life.

The only thing that I know might help me with being an assistant is that I have always been book smart and the top student in my classes.

Do I know anything about being an assistant, well I only know what I have read in romance novels but I don't see Stephen bending me over his desk anytime soon.

I started to laugh at that thought, I knew if he tried I wouldn't stop him that is for sure hahaha.

Man, I need to get a life.

The girls had left for school already, the bus had come and picked them up.

Starting tomorrow I had signed them up for the before and after school program so this way I can drop them off at their school early in the morning before I start work.

I know it sounds like daycare but it's not well kinda but let's not let them know that.

They think that I signed them up so that they could interact with other kids meanwhile I just needed someone to watch them as I worked.

The after-school program is the same as the morning once they are done school they walk over to a classroom that has the after-school program.

It works great for me because all I have to do is pick them up once I'm done work and it's cheaper than a babysitter and the bonus part is free tutoring.

I won't have to worry about helping them with their school work.

They don't know yet that I a job.

To be honest I was going to let this week go by first in case I got fired.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

My alarm went off on my cell to notify me that it was time to leave.

I had called a cab to pick me up for work.

I wasn't too sure where this McKnight Inc Industry was so I thought my best bet would be to call a cab.

As I was sitting in my cab I looked outside the window as New York City was passing by me in a blink of an eye

Taxicabs after taxicabs were passing by us.

Looks like I wasn't the only person going to work today.

My cab pulled up to this huge and when I say huge I mean huge glass building.

I would hate to be the person who would have to clean these windows.

I better do a great job today or that might be my next job as a window cleaner for this company.

As I stepped out of the cab I looked up to the top of the building.

It looked to me that it was touching the ski and also the clouds with it being that high up there.

I hadn't noticed that my mouth was open until someone had said something from beside me.

"Close your mouth or a bug will fly in.".......

_________________________

Sorry, for leaving you hanging.

Stay tuned for the next chapter. 🙂

 🙂