Chapter 32 🇨🇦

Brooklyn POV:

Today was the day that I would be seeing Brian for the first time since I had left all those months ago.

We had arrived in Toronto 3 days ago, staying in one of Stephens's glorious hotels that he owns.

All his employees think that he is here on business to check on his company and to make sure that his hotels that are in the area we're running smoothly.

Stephen is one of a kind, he made sure to tell everyone and I mean everyone why he has come just to make sure in case we all needed an alibi if things went sour with our plan against Brian and his father.

As I was getting myself ready and thinking over everything that I needed to remember from the meeting that we had this afternoon.

I had to focus and reassure myself not to fuck up tonight or all our hard work would just be a waste and the girls will be the ones, in the end, to be hurt by all this, well not just the girls also the whole gang.

I didn't want to see any of them getting killed.

As I look at myself over in the long mirror at myself.

I look so different after my makeover that I can't even recognize myself

When Stephen had asked me well more like told me to be his date tonight I thought he was crazy.

Tonight was the charity ball to raise money for all the orphan kids in Canada.

I have gone to a few of them in the past because of Brian, he and his father were the ones who through these charity functions.

I guess this was all for cover-up now that I think about it.

Who in their right mind would accuse them of child trafficking if they are the ones trying to raise money for them?

"Knock knock," Stephen said as he walked into the room with a big box in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked in wonder.

Stephen just stared at me as he blinked his eyes as his mouth was open.

"What?" I asked as I was now feeling self-conscious.

"You died your hair, don't get me wrong I love it baby girl but wow this is different. You look like a whole new person." He said as he readjusts his pants in the front with his hand.

"You make me hard just looking at you."

Trying not to blush at his words I just say "Well, that's the whole point, Stephen. I don't want them to recognize me." I rolled my eyes at him.

What a stuiped question I thought.

"Roll those eyes at me one more time baby girl and I'll smack that ass of yours so hard that when you are walking tonight people will think that you got fucked up the ass real good."

My eyes went wide with the thought of him smacking my butt.

"You wouldn't," I said as I backed up away from him not taking the chance that he might do it.

He then started to proceed to walk towards me as I continued walking backwards.

"Try me baby and then you will find out."

He was now very close to my face with his face, our lips were almost touching I could smell minty breath.

The heat that was radiating off of his body was making my body numb, He looked so sexy in his suit that I even felt the moisture between my legs.

I wanted this man so badly but I needed to remind myself that the life that he has is not a life that I want for myself nor the girls, I needed to be strong.

Oh god, this is going to be hard.

It just was not safe, it's just not safe I kept on reminding myself.

Placing my hands onto his chest I try to push his body away from me but he didn't even move an inch.

That man was solid to the ground, not even a bulldozer could push him over.

He looked into my eyes as I was looking into his.

"What thoughts are running around in your beautiful mind right now Brooklyn?" He asked as he was trying to read my thoughts.

"Nothing." was my reply.

"Don't lie to me." He said in a stern voice.

Clearing my throat I then begin to speak.

"I'm very grateful Stephen for your help. That's what I'm thinking about."

"And?" He asked as he placed his hands onto my hips as he pulled me closer towards him.

"And? There is no and." I tried saying but that didn't work out as my voice went low.

"What are you not telling me." He said as he pulled his back up now standing his body up straight.

Closing my eyes I take a deep breath and then let it out.

Alright, you can do this, No you have to do this just say it.

"I don't think we should see each other after this task is completed, I'm going to stay here and start my life over."

The look on his face was just unbelievable it looked like someone had just run over his pet.

I went to speak again but he took his hands off of my hips and place one of his hands up in the air to stop me from speaking.

"Don't." That was all he said as he then stormed out of the room slamming the door behind him............

___________________________

Thanks for reading 🙂