Chapter 44 LAST CHAPTER!

Narrator POV:

"Good day everyone, it's 9:00 am I'm Agent Nick Allister and to my right is Agent Kim Dupree. For the past few years, we have been working on an undercover case that involved money laundering, trafficking and unsolved murders. Last night at around 11:30 PM Mr. Gary Cooper and his son Brian Cooper were arrested for two out of three of those charges. They both have been charged for money laundering, trafficking women and children."

Nick went to continue speaking but he got interrupted by a reporter.

"Wait hold on if that was the case for Mr. Cooper and his son being arrested then why was Mr. McKnight arrested last night as well?"

"Here let me answer that." Agent Kim Dupree said as she gestured for Nick to move over for her to speak.

"At around the same time 11:30 PM police and the FBI surrounded the strip club that Mr, McKnight owns. He was arrest for the murder of Scarlett Pastel a 24-year-old woman who worked for Mr. McKnight, they also had relations with one another. We were lucky enough to get a lead that informed us where her body would be located. We also found that her body was hidden inside of one of Mr, McKnight's warehouses. I'm sorry but that's all I can inform you of this case."

As the interviews went on and the reporters asked their questions Brooklyn sat back in her chair in her living room in New York City.

She watched on as the story was still airing on tv.

Eating her popcorn, she felt relaxed.

Finally, the day had come and Brian and his father were behind bars.

As she sat and eat her popcorn she heard a knocking sound from her door, she got up to answer it.

Once the door was opened  Carly and Chloe sprang up and jumped onto her screaming "SURPRISE."

Tears are flowing down Brooklyn's eyes "My babies you're finally home."

"It's all thanks to uncle River, he was the one who came and got us," Carly said with a happy smile on her face.

Brooklyn looked over at River.

She still couldn't believe that he had helped her and turned his back on Stephen.

If it wasn't for him handing her the evidence that she needed to put Stephen Behind Bars she wouldn't have known what to do nor find a way to get away from him.

"Come on in all of you, let's not stand here all night." Brooklyn moved out of the way after saying those words.

As they enter the apartment the girls right away ran to their bedroom with their bags in hand.

River sat down at the kitchen table for Brooklyn she brought over some drinks and snakes placing them onto the kitchen table.

Carly and Chloe had entered the kitchen by this time.

They both sat down beside one another.

Everyone was chatting and talking about what they have been up to but Brooklyn had kept some stuff to herself.

She didn't want to worry the girls.

"Here." River handed Brooklyn a bank card.

"What's this?" She picked up the card.

"There are about 20 million dollars in that card. Go and take the girls and start a new life again. Don't look back, just forget everything that has ever happened to you." River said.

He felt bad for everything that has happened to Brooklyn.

To him, Brooklyn reminded him of his sister that he had lost 5 years ago due to an abusive and possessive relationship.

He was not always around like Chase and Jack was but he did watch and see how possessive Stephen was with her and it reminded him of his past.

Brooklyn looked at the card and then at him, wondering where he could come up with that amount of money.

Before Brooklyn could ask  River already knew what to say.

" It's Stephen I hacked into his account but you don't have to worry he won't find out that it was me or even be able to trace that amount of money to you. Plus he won't be finding out anytime soon that the money has been taken."

Shock, happiness, joy was all that she felt.

"Thank you, Thank you for helping me and my family."

Brooklyn looked at both her girls before her and smiled.

Then she looked down at her stomach and placed her hand over it.

"I'll keep you all safe." She whispered to herself.

THE END!

___________________________

Don't kill me lol

I bet you didn't see this coming.

I thought of ending it in many ways but then I thought of Brooklyn and how her life has been one big roller coaster.

She deserved a happy ending even though she loved Stephen he still couldn't give her that happy ending with how possessive he was over her.

He loved her in a way that was not healthy and maybe behind bars he might reflect on his actions and change but well never no OR maybe we will.........