Chapter 6 New York City

The airplane had landed in New York City

I had never thought once that this was where they were taking us too but If you needed to hide someone then New York City would be the best place to go to.

Brian and his father will have a hard time finding us here.

New York, New York I have only seen this place in movies or watching it on TV when the ball would come down in Times Square for New Year's Eve.

This was exciting to me and I couldn't wait to look around this city.

Once we had landed and gotten out of the airplane we were directed towards another black van.

Agent Dupree had sat in the front seat and the girls and I were placed in the back.

A police officer that was dressed like myself looked to be undercover, we'll it's better that way I thought we didn't want to stick out too much.

For our safety, there was an undercover car in front of us and behind us just to make sure that everything went well and that there wouldn't be any hiccups down the road.

As we were on the road and Agent Dupree whose name I found out to be was Kim had a file in her hand that had all our new information in it.

She started to read that file out loud to us and explained that since we were in the undercover witness protection program That the life that we once knew before was no longer our life now and to never bring that's a pick up to anyone that we meet from here on in.

She explained that to keep us safe we have to go along with our new life story that was in this file that she will leave with us to read and look over it, she also had her contact information on a piece of paper that was in the file in case if we ever need to get a hold of her for emergencies.

She did say that once a week she would pass by to check on us to make sure that we were okay and that she would give us money each week for us to survive on to Essentials.

"Alright here is the file take a look and then after I need you to sit down with the girls and explain to them everything that will happen from here on in," Kim said as she handed me the file.

Nodding my head I understood what she meant.

I started to read to myself.

My name from here on was
Brooklyn Hartley.

My age had stayed the same at 23 years of age.

Carly and Chloe had also gotten new names as well.

Carly's name was Changed to Aaliyah and she as well was still her same age.

As for Chloe, her name had changed to Abby and once again her age had stayed the same too.

It looked to me as I read this paper over that The FBI didn't want to make things complicated for us so they tried their best to keep it easier for us to remember.