Chapter 16 🙂

Working away in my office filing some important documents that Stephen had requested for me to do at our morning meeting which I am trying to finish up before I need to leave for lunch

I had still have not gotten the chance to ask him if I could leave early for lunch yet because the morning meeting had run longer than they normally do.

Looking over at the time on my computer it read 11:00 AM.

God the time is going by so fast today.

I'll have to ask Stephen now if I can leave for lunch at 11:45 AM before I forget.

Kim had already sent me a text where we would be meeting up and I was very lucky that the restaurant was only a block away from McKnight Inc Industry so it wouldn't take too much of my time to get there.

I picked up my office phone.

RING RING RING RING RING RING

Why is this man not picking up I thought?

Now I started to get frustrated.

I hung up the phone after the 6th ring.

What am I going to do? I need to meet Kim but I can't just leave or can I?

Stephen did say if I ever needed anything and if I couldn't get a hold of him then to call Jack the front guard.

Picking up my desk phone once again I press the button with Jack's name on it and waiting for him to answer witch he did after the second ring.

"Hello Brooklyn, what can I help you with?"

How did he know that I was calling?

"How do you know that it's me?" wondering how.

" Mr, McKnight made sure that myself and the other workers' program your number on our phones in case you would call or we needed to get in contact with you."

Well, that's nice of Stephen to do so, I thought.

"Oh ok well that's a good thing, so the reason I'm calling is that I tried to get ahold of our boss but he wasn't  answering his office phone."

"Did you try his cell phone?" He asked.

Oh shit, why didn't I think of that?

"Umm ya, I did." And once again I lied but I lied for a good reason and that reason was I didnt want to look like a dumbass.

"Ok then so what did you need from him, Brooklyn?"

"I need to leave early for lunch today. Please let him know for me in case he is looking for me."

"Oh not a worry, I'll let him know for you. Have a nice lunch. Also, would you like me to call a taxi on your behalf for you?"

"That would be sweet yes please and can you tell the taxi company that I will need to go to 2745 Victory Boulevard and to notify the taxi driver that I'm in a hurry."

" Are you okay Brooklyn? Did something happen and that's why you're in a hurry to get there?."

"Oh no no no I am fine Im just meeting up with someone and I only have an hour lunch so I just want to make sure that I won't be late Jack. You know how the traffic is here."

I hope he believed me on what I had said to him, this whole lying and an acting thing that I need to do is starting to be a pain in the ass but its Friday so I just need to remind myself that once this day is over I'll be free for a couple of days and I won't be lying to anyone.

Man how I love Fridays.

"Don't you worry I'll call the taxi company for you now and call you once they have arrived?"

"Sounds great thank you."

I then hang up the phone.

Taking a deep breath in and then letting that breath out.

I feel like I am going to die at a very young age or go grey before I was meant to do so.

These people have been so nice to me I hate that I have been lying to them...

__________________________