How do I know if I have received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? (December 24)

Many feel that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit means speaking in strange tongues, or that this is evidence. Speaking in foreign tongues is just a gift in which we speak to the Father in spirit.

"For whoever speaks in another tongue speaks not to men, but to God, since no one understands him, and in the spirit he speaks mysteries."

1 Corinthians 14: 2

If the gift of speaking in tongues does not mean that we are baptized in the Holy Spirit, what is this baptism or how can we identify it?

"But I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that I go, for if I go not away, the Comforter (Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I go away, I will send him to you. Holy Spirit) come, will convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment." John 16: 7,8

When a person receives the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, He convinces them of all that is wrong! He cleans the man's heart! When you, my brother, my sister, do something that doesn't please the Holy Spirit, then that sadness hits, that's what He feels when you surrender to sin!

Therefore, when you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, He soon convicts of the things that do not please Him. You start dedicating yourself more to Him and no longer feel interested in the things of the world. We may even fall into sin, but repentance soon comes so that we can have fellowship with Him.

May you be blessed by this word! God be with you!