CH 03

A groan left your lips as you stared at your laptop screen for the past four hours. It was the wee hours of the night and here you were trying to critically analyze an article without sounding too biased for one party. Times like these made you want to drop out of school and find a sugar daddy but the thought of spending thousands on your school fees made you shoo away those other options. It was 3:30 am and you shoved your laptop out of your face, shuffling to your bed and plopping yourself on the soft mattress. Fishing out your phone, you scrolled through Instagram and came across a post made by Japan Volleyball Association (JVA). It was a picture of the men's team to inform fans and supporters of their upcoming competition. Your eyes scanned the faces you saw earlier today but stopped at one. Ushijima Wakatoshi.

His stoic features, while he looked straight into the camera, was quite a sight and you felt your lips curling. Throwing your phone aside, your hands came into contact with your cheeks to snap out of your thoughts. Checking out your uncle's team? What were you thinking?! Truth to be told, while you were doing research for your essay, you found yourself typing in Ushijima Wakatoshi on the search bar to learn more about him. He was the captain during his time in Shiratorizawa too?! Damn, this man's just talented while you look like a sack of rotten potatoes. Furthermore, Uncle Fuki has been teasing and clowning you the whole day just for that one time of you checking Ushijima out. Seriously, you wanted to strangle your uncle. Even Aunt Yumi was telling him to quit it after seeing how embarrassed you were. Anyway, you should stop thinking about it because who were you to be seen with a professional athlete?

It happened again. There you stood at the kitchen with Aunt Yumi fuming staring at the bento set. "Do you think his brain is deteriorating?" You mumbled under your breath. "Yes." Aunt Yumi replied without hesitation. Sighing, you grabbed the bento along with your laptop and tote bag. "I should seriously open a delivery service company. See you later, Aunt Yumi." You waved. "I'll be your investor then. Thanks, sweetie." She laughed and waved back. Thank goodness the library you were intending to study at was near the training centre and you arrived faster than usual. Grabbing the handle of the door, you yanked it harshly causing it to slam against the wall behind. "HIBARIDA FUKI!" You yelled, gaining attention from everyone. "Ah! There's my lunch!" Your uncle cheered and swept how you addressed him under the rug. Well, it wasn't the first time. You probably picked that up from your Aunt Yumi.

Stomping over to him, you glanced at the bento before glaring at him coldly. "You think I am that free?" You questioned with scary wide eyes. "Hehe, sorry. I was rushing out!" Uncle Fuki rubbed his nape and your eye twitched. "What a dumb excuse. Aunt Yumi and I are about to disacknowledge you." You scoffed in annoyance. "How could you ladies say that?! One is my wife and the other is my niece!" "Whatever! Just take this, old man!" You shoved the bento towards him. Looking at the time, it was a few hours before the library closes and you hope you could make full use of it after your uncle wasted your time. You were about to leave when your name was yelled from the court. "Y/n-chan!" Bokuto waved with both arms in the air. "O-Oh. Hey, Bokuto." You waved shyly at the sudden attention given.

Hinata ran towards you and jumped in excitement, happy that you were here. He wondered where were you going since you dressed up nicely as you blushed. "Are ya going on a date?" Atsumu smirked, slinging an arm around Hinata's shoulder. "Yeah, with the librarian." You joked as the boys laughed. "Y/n-chan, can you watch us play?!" Bokuto pleaded with puppy eyes. "Yeah, just for a while?" Hoshiumi ran across the court to where you were. "I-I'm a setter! Do you want to watch me serve?" "Wow. Smooth, Kageyama." "Shut up, Hinata!" Kageyama was in a blushing mess. "You guys are overwhelming her." Sakusa shook his head in annoyance. "What do you think, Wakatoshi-kun?"

All eyes were placed on the opposite hitter who was drinking up. Warmth rose from within as you looked anywhere but Ushijima. From the corner of your eye, you saw your uncle smirk. It then hit you. Placing two and two together. He purposely left the bento at home so that you would deliver it to him and see Ushijima again so that he could use it to tease you. Clenching your fist, you held it up to Uncle Fuki signalling that you were going to fight him only for him to poke his tongue out. "Sure." What? Your attention was now on Ushijima who was walking to the court to position himself while the others cheered and did the same.

"Y/n-san, cheer for me okay? I can jump really high!"

"Me too! I wanna show you how I receive with my chest!"

"Tobio-kun, let's see who's the better setter after the practice match."

"Yes. We'll see about that, Miya-san."

Turning to your uncle, the look of intention to kill was in your eyes. Uncle Fuki sat on the bleachers preparing to enjoy his lunch while watching the team play. However, he sensed the death rays coming from you and looked in your direction. There was no way you could turn down the sweet boys who offered to play for you and now, your plans of studying was long gone. What made it worse was that this was your uncle's plan all along just so he could watch another episode of you checking Ushijima out.

"You should thank me, sweetheart."

"Yeah, thank you for giving me new ideas on how to beat you up."