CH 40🍋

Warning: Smut, read at your own risk. Vanilla and unprotected sex. Skip this chapter if you're uncomfortable.

Crickets and stray cats sounded the night accompanied by a light night breeze. The door clicked open as the pro athlete entered the dark and quiet apartment. Shuffling to his room, he made sure to make as little as possible knowing that you were already sound asleep. He was right when he saw you laying on the bed, a book in hand and glasses slipping off your nose. Ushijima left out a small smile at the sight before making his way there. He carefully took off your glasses and book, placing them neatly on the nightstand. That made you stir from your sleep as your sleepy eyes fluttered open to see your handsome boyfriend.

"Hi, Toshi." You grinned tiredly. "Hey, love." Ushijima took your hand into his large ones. Looking at the time, it stated 12:07 am and you must have drifted off to sleep while waiting for him. Both of you spoke for a moment before he broke the grip to shower (he has done that in the gymnasium but wants to shower again before climbing in bed). While he was in the bathroom, you decided to make use of the time to whip a late-night snack. Knowing that your fiance takes care of his body, you made a yoghurt bowl with blueberries, strawberries and threw in a banana along with chia seeds. Ushijima got out of the bathroom to see the room now empty. He wondered where did you go only to hear noises from outside and he made his way out.

The moment he was outside, Ushijima froze at the sight. You were placing the yoghurt bowl on the coffee table and a glass of water before lighting up an aromatherapy candle. You did all this looking visibly tired with your hair dishevelled but there was a faint smile on your features. From the corner of your eye, you saw your boyfriend looking all tall and brooding fresh out of the shower. "Toshi, come here! I made a bowl of yo-" You stopped yourself from continuing when you saw his olive eyes filled with guilt. "Toshi? What's wrong?" "I'm sorry..." He apologized out of the blue. You stiffened from shock but lifted your feet to walk to where he was. "Why... Why are you apologizing?" Your brows inched and took his hand to lead him to the couch.

Ushijima sat on the couch with you standing in front of him. He was a man of few words, blunt, straightforward but he made you feel loved from the small notes, dainty flowers and how he holds you to sleep. "I feel like I have been neglecting you since an upcoming match is happening in two weeks. I've been coming home late, we haven't been spending time with each other and yet, there was no word of complaint from you and you even made a snack for me during the wee hours of the night. I... I don't deserve you, y/n." Ushijima didn't dare to look you in the eye. A clench was felt in your heart seeing Ushijima in this state. He was feeling tired, stressed and guilty. The last thing you wanted was for him to feel like he doesn't deserve you.

"Silly, baby. Why should I complain about your career when I know this was what I was signing up for since high school? I'll always be supporting you no matter what choices you make, sweetest Toshi. Don't you ever say that you don't deserve me, alright? I love you so much, more than you ever know." You brought his head to your chest and stroked his hair gently. The scent of lavender and vanilla filled the air as you hugged Ushijima in the silent, dim apartment. Angling his head, Ushijima locked eyes with you and felt you wiping his tears away with the lighting making you look like an angel. "There's my handsome boyfriend. My talented baby Toshi." You beamed and pecked his forehead. Though he stood at 192cm (6'4 ft), weighed 90kg (198 lbs) and was known for his deadly spikes due to being a lefty, Ushijima was a sweet baby. Your sweet baby.

Sitting beside him, you took the yoghurt bowl and took a spoonful. "Here, baby Toshi. Doesn't this look good? I included chia seeds which are filled with protein! I'm sure it's essential for you." Ushijima just stared at you feeling warmth growing within and in a swift motion, he cupped your face to press a kiss on your lips. Not only did warmth fill his chest, you did too because Ushijima wasn't one to initiate such huge affections as it was always you who kisses him first.