CH 48

The door of your shared bedroom creaked open and a pair of feet patted against the floor. A piece of fabric was dragged on the ground towards the direction of the king-sized bed. Small hands clamped onto the edge of the bed followed by an innocent pair of droopy eyes. However, those eyes widened seeing the sight of the two adults sleeping in bed with the bigger body facing the smaller one.

Akira ran back in tiny footsteps back to his bedroom where the older twin resided. He got on his toes and patted Akio's eyes which managed to stir him up from his sleep. The older twin looked at the younger one in confusion, rubbing his sleepy eyes while adjusting to the light. "Follow!" Akira grabbed Akio's hand along with his blankie and ran back to their parents' room.

"Look! Look!" Akira wanted to show the reason for waking his brother up. Akio's eyes trailed in the direction of Akira's finger and his widened as well. Ushijima and you were still asleep with him facing you and resting against your chest, an arm swung around your hip. A pout plastered on Akio's face as he waddled his way to your side of your bed with Akira following behind. Akio propped a leg onto the edge of the bed, trying to get on it but it seemed like he was going to fail. However, Akira helped his brother by pushing him upwards and successfully got onto the bed. It was Akio's turn to help Akira up as he yanked him, his small hands wrapping around Akira's wrists and soon, the twins managed to reach their destination.

Small pats were felt on your cheek as a frown was seen on your face, an indication that you were waking up. After a few more moments, your eyelids fluttered open to see your twins. Your heart felt full and warm at your precious twins being the first ones you saw in the morning. "Hey, my sweeties." You cooed at them, reaching out to stroke their hair and chubby cheeks. "Mama, papa hungwy?" Akio was the first one the notice the "problem". Confused, you wondered what he meant until you saw Akira crawling towards Ushijima to pull him off your chest. You put two and two together, eventually understanding where they were coming from. "No, sweetie. Papa just want to be close with mama." You chuckled, amused by your twins thinking.

A tired huff escaped from Akira's lips as he plopped himself next to his father, facing him. His little toes twinkled and sat there waiting for Ushijima to wake up. He waited and waited until the alarm clock sounded. "Oh!" Akira pointed at the clock and his eyes glanced back to his father who shifted in bed for a little before his long arm pressed the alarming clock to silence it. "Papa, hi!" Akira climbed onto Ushijima's broad chest with a huge smile. "Good morning, my Akira..." Ushijima sat up while holding onto Akira to prevent him from falling. He leaned against the headboard and propped Akira on his lap, Akio joining in not long after. The twins snuggled on their father's warmth, cheeks squished against his pecs with their small feet going up and down in joy.

"Where is mama?" Ushijima realized you were no longer in bed. "Cweaning up!" Akio replied and pointed to the bathroom. It was when Ushijima remembered that you were going out to meet Eiko and Ayumi. He has been nagging at you to take a day off to yourself as you have been taking care of the twins while working which was tiring. You finally listened to him and when you told the girls, they practically started to plan the whole day out.

You emerged from the bathroom looking refreshed and you noticed the sight of your husband and twins holding onto each other. Bliss bubbled within and you made your way to them, "Good morning, Toshi." You kissed his cheek, doing the same to your twins but on their foreheads. "Morning, my love. Are you heading out soon?" Ushijima got up from the bed, the twins being carried on either his strong arms. You were heading out by the next hour as Ushijima hummed and leaned forward to peck your forehead before heading to the bathroom to freshen up with the little boys for the day.

The morning started off with Ushijima serving breakfast to the twins who were waiting patiently on their highchairs. Each had a sippy cup filled with milk before a bowl of oats and cut fruits were given to them. Ushijima sat between them and enjoyed what the twins referred to as 'adult breakfast' which consisted of a cup of coffee and a hearty breakfast crafted for athletes like himself. The little boys would point or reach at a certain food that gained their curiosity and Ushijima was willing to let them try to introduce them to new food items. If it was good, little thumbs were seen while if it was bad, be prepared with a tissue for them to spit it out.

Akio shoved a spoonful of oats and something caught his attention from the hallway. You appeared all dolled up and ready to head out as the twins bounced and squealed at the sight of you. "Yes, sweeties. Mama's here. Are you enjoying what papa made for breakfast?" You pressed a kiss on each of the twins' cheeks before pouring yourself a glass of orange juice. Ushijima watched you from where he was. Motherhood looked so good on you and there were body changes too. Your curves were more prominent, snugly fitting your clothes, and it seemed like you had softer skin too. His lips curled into a loving smile while adoringly staring at you.

"Are you sure you can handle them?"

"Of course, love. They are my children too."

"I rearranged their clothes in the draw wardrobe. Their tops are in-"

"The pull-out drawer on the left. I remember what you said."

An endearing smile plastered your face once you applied your lipstick by the doorway and approached your husband who carried your sons. "You're the best, baby." You sighed, reaching out to cup his face and got onto your toes to kiss his lips. You pulled away a while later and looked at your sons, "Be good boys and listen to papa, alright? Mama will be back after dinner." Akira and Akio nodded and received kisses from you too. "Say bye-bye to mama." Ushijima propped them to a height appropriate to meet your eyes. "Bye bye, mama!" "Mama, bye!" Their little hands waved as you held onto them to litter kisses. "Bye, my babies. I'll see you at night!" You waved, unlocking the door and left the penthouse.

The moment you left, silence filled the four walls as the three males stood by the doorway as if you were going to reappear again. Akira jutted his lower lip and looked around until he spotted the mirror. He turned his head side to side only to spot the lipstick stain on his left cheek. "Papa, look!" He pointed at his reflection to show what he meant. Just like the early days when you both got together, Ushijima always felt smitten with the lipstick stains shaped of your lips you left for him whenever you had to part ways. "Yes, Akira. It's one of mama's ways of showing love." Ushijima nodded and headed for the couch.

He took out his phone with his sons on his sides as they shifted themselves closer to their father, curious to what he was going to do with what they perceived as a 'magical device'. Akio took a closer look and was taken aback when he saw his face on the screen, instead of feeling scared, he smiled adorably in reaction causing Ushijima to ruffle his soft hair. "Come closer to papa so we can take a picture for mama." The twins did what they were told and waited for Ushijima's next instruction which was to smile. A click was heard and he managed to take the picture. The twins observed the finished product with satisfying coos and bright beams on their faces as Ushijima complimented them for listening before sending it to you.

When you received the picture, you could not help but hold onto your chest, wondering how you managed you have a hunk of a husband and a pair of beautiful twin boys. Of course, you had to show this off and decided to post it on Instagram. Soon enough, likes and comments flooded. Your followers adored your twin sons but they were mostly fawning over the rare smile from the opposite hitter. Just like your thoughts, your followers commented how handsome your husband looked breaking away from his usual stoic demeanour as seen on television and in interviews. They hoped to see that smile that warmed his features again and this was when you felt blessed because you were able to see it back home.