CH 46

It was a cold winter night and all you wanted was a cup of hot chocolate. You were in the kitchen getting on your tippy-toes with an arm stretching, reaching for the can of hot chocolate powder on the cabinet above the stove. A huff escaped your lips when you tried your best to grab onto the can and you were deciding to get a stool. However, that thought was washed away when a muscular arm reached above your head. Looking behind, it was Ushijima and he had a brow cocked in questioning. 

"Love, what did I tell you about reaching for these highly placed objects?" He placed the can on the island. "Sorry, Toshi. I was cold and I thought hot chocolate might help." A pout appeared on your guilty face as if you were a child getting scolded. Ushijima let out a sigh as he looked down at you, no way was he going to tell you especially when you looked so cute and lovely. "It's okay, love. Just call me when you need help with such things, alright? I don't want any of you to hurt." His olive eyes softened when he glanced down at your pregnant belly, giving it small rubs to comfort you.

It has been almost two years since the both of you got married and you were welcoming your first child early next year. You were now six months pregnant and carrying a slightly bigger belly than other pregnancies as you were expecting twin boys. When you broke the news to Ushijima, the man sat really still on the edge of the bed while processing this big news. Your heart fell at the silence but that feeling was washed away with a small endearing chuckle escaping your lips. Your usual stoic and expressionless husband's nose scrunch with a wobbling lower lip as he glanced into your eyes then your tummy. The moment you brought him into an embrace, he hid his face in between your chest and let the tears of joy flow freely.

Ushijima tilted his head to the couch before telling you to wait for him there while he made the hot chocolate for you. Ever since you got pregnant, he has been nothing but the sweetest. He almost came back with something you thought you might like or something that reminded him of you. Always FaceTiming you during breaks with the team and Uncle Fuki sometimes joining in and sometimes, having lunch with you through the screen. Though he was being lovely as always, Ushijima became more protective and sometimes strict. You never thought you would see this side of him, there was once a couple of rowdy teenage boys was in the same supermarket as the both of you and they were too caught up with the nonsense they were doing that they failed to realize you.

You were humming to yourself while picking up a packet of grapes when Ushijima suddenly stood behind you, a small bump jerking you slightly after. Turning back to see what the commotion was about, your head tilted upwards to see his eyes turning hard with a slightly clenched jaw. He practically told the boys off and it took little to no effort for them to leave the vicinity after seeing such a huge, beefy and stoic man before them. There was once you attempted to squat to grab your fallen ring but your husband did it for you instead. He then cautioned you not to do that as it might strain your back since you were carrying a protruding belly while he slid the wedding band on your ring finger. These were times you pouted and looked at him with puppy eyes which instantly softened him. "You can't always do that, love." "But they work!" "Yes. Yes, they do." He sighed afterwards and landed a smooch on your forehead.

He also encouraged you to not visit him during practice as he was afraid a ball might hit you. Though he said so, there were times you came to surprise him and he could not bring himself to nag at you for not listening. When you visited, shoes squeaked and scrambled towards you with a bunch of excited men. Bokuto and Hinata cooed at you, "Y/n-chan, how are you?" "Very pregnant, Hinata." You giggled and felt Bokuto rubbing your belly in amazement as well as Kageyama who looked in awe. Atsumu declared that he was your best friend as you were expecting twins and he was a twin himself but Hoshiumi retorted at him that Osamu should have ate him in the womb so that the team would not have such an arrogant brat. Sakusa scooted over to you and stared at your belly which you noticed. "Do you want to rub my belly, Kiyoomi?" "Maybe later. God knows what Bokuto touched. You should get a wet wipe." "Omi Omi!" Bokuto whined at his teammate's comment.

"Aye~ There's my niece." Uncle Fuki entered the gymnasium after a meeting and joined the commotion. He pinched your cheek and looked down at your belly before letting out a fatherly smile. On top of all these, Ushijima spoilt you. Staring at a certain baby product? Man's going to buy it. Craving for something in the middle of the night? He was already preparing to go out to drive to the nearest store. The twins were not even born yet and they were already so loved by their father. Ushijima bought nothing but the best things for them. From clothes to expensive cribs, you name it.

A huff was heard as you rubbed your swollen belly, your husband held two cups in hand and sat next to you. He cautioned you that it was hot and you hummed in acknowledgement, almost taking a sip but he decided to blow it for good measure. Hot chocolate always goes well with marshmallows and you mumbled to yourself to get a few. Ushijima picked up what you said, volunteering to go get them but you stopped him because you could manage. You lifted yourself off the couch and waddled to the kitchen. His lips curled at the sight, watching you waddle with a big baby carrying his twins and his heart felt full. He could not believe that he was going to have a family with you. The woman he held dearly the most to his heart.

You came back with a bowl of marshmallows, already stuffing some in your mouth as you made your way back to him. "Want some, Toshi?" You offered, a hand stretched out to show him the bowl while chewing on the fluffy confectionary adorably. He chuckled, carefully sitting you on his lap which you protested to because you were heavier as of now. Ushijima shook his head to assure you he was fine and nuzzled his nose against the crook of your neck. "Baby." You called for him, hearing a hum as acknowledgement. "I'm craving fries dipped in vanilla ice cream." Ushijima lifted his head to tilt it to meet your eyes. "Love, it's late. The sodium from fries isn't great now." He thought of you going to sleep later after having the fried food item. 

Hearing that made your lower lip jut with lips wobbling after. Pregnancy made your emotions fluctuate the slightest and it was annoying at times. "But... I-I want them..." You whimpered and looked down to your belly, hands finding their way to hold onto it. One thing about your husband was that though he said 'no', he would still give into you one way or another especially when you were carrying his babies. Ushijima sighed and angled your head to meet his lips, a soft kiss planted on them to calm you down. "Alright, darling. I will go get them now. Anything for my wife and babies." He placed his hands on top of yours situated on your swollen belly. Your sadness was washed away with eyes now sparkling in anticipation. Squealing, you beamed and snuggled against his warmth. "Thank you, Toshi. I love you!" Your cheek was squished against his chest, feeling vibrations from his soft chuckle. "I love you too, darling." He hummed before kissing your hairline. Whatever his wife wants, she gets.