CH 25

Warning: Mentions of abuse

"Why are you so useless?!" Whack! The pulsating heat and throbbing pain was felt on your arm. Cane marks scattered your arms as you sobbed silently, not daring to let out a loud cry. This has been going on for the past hour. You sitting by your desk holding onto a pencil with your left hand. "I want you to stand out. You hear me?! You must not be like your useless father!" Your mother grabbed onto your arms harshly, finger marks forming and shook you harshly. That made you cry louder as another whip of the cane hit your calf. Stop. Please, stop. Let me live how I want to. "Quit crying!" She screamed and smacked your cheek. It hurts so bad...

Tossing in bed, cold sweat formed on your forehead. A cry escaped your dry lips and fingers gripped onto the blankets as if that would help. Ushijima woke up from his sleep only to find you crying as he sat up slightly, an arm supporting his weight. "Love? Hey, wake up." He shook you gently in hopes of getting you out of your nightmare. "Stop... Please... I-It hurts..." You cried, tears staining your skin. "Love? Y/n!" Ushijima raised his voice a little with another shake of your body. In that moment, you jolted and broke off from that horrible nightmare. Ushijima was the first person you saw in the dark room of the wee hours of the night. "T-Toshi..." Your lips quivered with tears brimming your lower waterline. "It's me, my love." He whispered and brought you into his strong arms.

It has been going on like this for the past few nights. Ushijima finding you crying and tossing in bed from that reoccurring nightmare. Witnessing you like this broke him knowing that you were a bubbly and happy one before this happened. As usual, Ushijima led you to the living room, switching on the dim yellow lights before heading to the open kitchen to fetch you a glass of warm water. "Drink this for me, alright?" He kneeled to your height where you sat by the couch. With shaky hands, you drank the contents as he stroked your head affectionately even wiping your tears with the pad of his thumb. You looked so small and vulnerable which makes him want to protect you more.

After drinking up, Ushijima sat on the couch with his legs spread open before shifting you to his lap. His muscular thighs carried your weight as you clung onto him with your face buried into his sturdy chest. You inhaled his comforting scent of cedar wood and tried to calm down with his help. Ushijima wrapped his arms around your slightly cold body with a hand stroking your back. Switching positions, Ushijima was now cradling you with the side of your head on his chest this time. "I'm here, my love. No one's going to hurt you." He whispered and planted kisses on your soft cheek. Ushijima has been nothing but a sweetheart. He was so kind, gentle, empathetic and patient this whole thing with not a single complaint or judgemental words. He always made sure you were alright and not acting up. He even took a days off practice to stay with you.

His warm, large hand caressed your thighs and rested his lips on your hairline to give it occasional gentle kisses. "Toshi..." You called for him. "Yes?" He angled his olive eyes on you. "Thank you for this." Your lips wobbled and was so close to crying again. "Oh... Please don't cry, my love." He shushed and cupped your face. "Don't you think I-I'm a burden?" You croaked. "Never. You'll never be a burden. I'm in this with you, alright?" Ushijima wiped your tears away as you nodded in response. "That's right, my love. I'll stay by your side no matter what, hm?" Ushijima pecked your forehead, giving your hair a few caresses.

Ushijima noticed you were dozing off and decided to leave the living room for the bedroom. He settled himself on his side of the bed before carefully situating you to sleep above him. He made sure you were laying closer to his left chest pec as he wanted you to hear his heartbeat to calm down and fall back to sleep. His hands rubbed your thighs, which were either side of him, in a slow up and down motion in hopes of lulling you to sleep. When he noticed that your breathing was consistent, he peeked to see that you have fallen asleep. A sigh of relief left his lips before hunching forward to kiss the top of you head. A hand of his then found yours and held onto them, making sure he intertwined his fingers with yours for closer contact. He would never leave by your side and he hopes you trust his words. If only he knew that you do.