CH 31

Empty boxes and luggage spread across the room and hallway. A few days ago, you returned home and had dinner with Uncle Fuki and Aunt Yumi along with Ushijima. Dinner was awesome as usual with you and Uncle Fuki throwing snarky comments as Aunt Yumi mentioned this was what she missed for almost a month. In the midst of dessert, you brought up to them that you have decided to move in with Ushijima. Aunt Yumi was quick to accept even offered to help you pack your items but Uncle Fuki reacted otherwise. He always had that thought that moving in with your significant other meant definite married earning him a whack on the arm by your aunt. Ushijima blushed at how straightforward the older man was while you went chasing Uncle Fuki around the house in annoyance.

Music from your playlist filled the room and squeaks with occasional thuds added. You plastered the tape over a filled boxed only to push it out of the door and closer to the hallway. Ushijima helped by clearing your wardrobe and folding them neatly into the luggage. He took the day off to assist you in the move out and in came Aunt Yumi with iced fruit tea to quench your thirst. She left shortly after speaking to the both of you and asked if you needed help only for you to shake your head. You gently pushed her out and assured that you and Ushijima could handle this since both of you were adults. Hearing that made her chuckle and pat your cheek motherly before leaving for her room.

You came back only to see your 192 cm (6'4 ft) tall beefy boyfriend having an intense stare at the drawer he just pulled open. There was a nose scrunch too along with how his lips turned into a small pout. A hand was placed on his bicep to gain his attention as you called for him. Your eyes travelled to what made Ushijima look so focused only to see that it was the drawer where you kept your bras and panties. You laughed heartily making your boyfriend confused at your reaction. "Baby, you're so cute. It's not as if you've not touched them before." "But this is different. There's a whole lot of them." He blinked at you and then the drawer again.

Upturning your lips, you linked arms with him and took a step closer to him causing your chest to press against his arm. "It's okay, baby. I'll do the packing while you help move the sealed boxes to the car, hm?" You lifted his hand to give it soft kisses as appreciation for his help. Ushijima did just that making his way to pick up a box to stack it on another before lifting them to his car. He carefully placed the boxes into the boot after shifting some items around to make space. From the rear view mirror, his eyes spotted a flash of figure quickly hiding themselves to avoid being caught. He had a gut feeling. One that he did not want it to turn out to be true. However, the hope was destroyed when the figure appeared again. It was your mother.

Ushijima pretended not to have caught her but silently made his way back. He informed Aunt Yumi discreetly to not cause you to alarm as she frowned and trusted you in Ushijima's hands. The male returned to your room only to see you zipping up the luggage just in time. "You ready, love?" He reached for your hand to stroke it. "Yep! Let me just say bye to Aunt Yumi." Ushijima nodded and watched you leave the room with him behind you pulling the luggage. You jumped into Aunt Yumi's arms and squished your cheek against hers to bid goodbye to her and promised that you would visit frequently on top of the mandatory Saturday gatherings. She nodded and kissed your forehead before sharing a look with Ushijima through her smile. He knew what she meant and bowed to thank her letting trusting him to take care of you. Everything proceeded in a calm yet efficient way for you to not pick up anything.

Waving to Aunt Yumi who stood by the entrance, Ushijima started the engine and drove off. You were searching through your crossbody bag only to realize that you have forgotten to bring your phone. It was that moment you peered to rear mirror only for your heart to drop. You spotted Aunt Yumi having an intense conversation with your mother and grabbed onto Ushijima's wrist to pullover. "Toshi, Aunt Yumi's with... her." You breathed and started to worry more than getting scared. Ushijima gulped because you have found out but hearing that Aunt Yumi was arguing with your mother made him slow down and looked through the rear view mirror. Both ladies were practically raising their voices with your mother showing signs of aggression. This was not good especially when Uncle Fuki was out to attend a meeting.