CH 05

"Your uncle is so cool, y/n! He's trying to push you to his team." 

"Mhm. Ushijima, huh? Didn't know you were into tall and beefy guys." 

"He looks like an alpha along with his fierce and stoic features." 

"Guys, shut up!"

Groaning, you sipped onto your bubble tea aggressively and chewed the tapioca pearls with all your might. It has been a week since that incident happened and it was definitely something you wanted to get rid of. Can someone from Men in Black just wipe your memory? It was Sunday and the weekends were probably the only times you can go out to have fun. Here you were with your close friends, Ayumi and Eiko, walking in the bustling streets of Tokyo. It was crowded through the day and you guys just had lunch then decided to grab bubble tea. Being your close friends, you guys told everything that was happening in your lives and spilling tea not missing a drip. Of course, you had to bring up your Uncle Fuki's annoying antics and how he was embarrassing the crap out of you. However, your friends begged to differ.

Eiko brought up that it was everyone's dream to date a professional athlete, especially from the men's volleyball team. It was said that they were the hottest bunch through the generations of the national team. Not only that, but they were also really talented and was referred to as 'Monster Generation'. There was no doubt that you knew all these being the niece of the national team's coach. Everyone wanted to be in your position to get close to the national players and was shocked whenever you tell them that you weren't friends with any of the players. Not until recently. You have exchanged contacts with the outgoing players like Bokuto, Hoshiumi, Atsumu and Hinata texting them here and there whenever both of you were free. "Oh! I have to go now, guys. My mum's waiting for me at the clinic." Ayumi chirped. With that, the outing with your girl friends ended and you headed home.

Unlocking the door, the first thing you saw were pairs of shoes. You frowned at the sight trying to recall if your aunt or uncle brought up about having visitors. You made your arrival home known by shouting through the apartment but there was no response. Alright, this was getting suspicious. Maybe that or your aunt was coincidentally in the bathroom. Noises were heard upstairs as you made your way to where it was coming from. The moment you made a right turn to your room, you choked on your beverage at the sight before you. "WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" You yelled. It was Uncle Fuki and the national team in your room. Apparently, Uncle Fuki was showing the team around and decided to invade your privacy by barging into your room taking advantage of your absence.

"Welcome home, sweetheart!" Uncle Fuki cooed and you glared at him. "Can you tell me what is happening?" You demanded with wide and shocked eyes glancing into your room. "I was just showing the team around. Don't worry, I showed my room and you cousin's too-" "UHM WHAT? How does that make this any better?" Your hand motioned to your room. "Ooo, you use this sunscreen too? I used this when I was in Brazil!" Hinata picked up the said item from your vanity. This was definitely your uncle's fault. You were about to confront him when you caught Ushijima stroking the leaves and petals of your indoor small plants. "At least let me show them my room around." You frowned. "If you say so! Have fun, boys!" "Yeah, yeah. Throw this for me, old man." You grumbled and shoved the empty beverage packaging against him.

Thankfully, your room was spacious enough to accommodate them and you were honestly lost, not knowing where to start. "Coach is so nice to invite us to your place for dinner!" Hinata broke the awkward atmosphere. "Mhm! I heard your aunt cooks really well too." Hoshiumi added on. "Ooo, pretty." Bokuto poked the lipsticks at your vanity, amazed by the array of colours. "How many plushies do ya have?" Atsumu pointed at the soft toys sitting in the corner of your bed and some smaller ones on your desk. You noticed Sakusa standing in a corner of your room looking a little uncomfortable. "Hey, you alright?" You asked. "Uhm, yeah." His reply didn't manage to get through to you. 

Looking around, you grabbed your beanbag and dragged it to where he was. "Don't just stand there, Sakusa. I'll feel bad." You chuckled before taking a wet wipe to clean the beanbag. The sight made Sakusa widen his eyes and wondered why you did that. Turns out it was just a habit of yours to clean items before letting someone else use it, especially for home items where you were pretty much the only one using it. After some persuasion, Sakusa sat on the beanbag feeling grateful that you were someone hygenic and knowing how it affects others. "Aww, look at Omi-kun~" "Shut up, Miya." Sakusa spat in irritation.

You helped set up the Nintendo Switch and allowed the boys to choose any games they wanted. "They are growing really well. I have the same purple dwarf iris at my place." Ushijima's voice sounded making you jump. The way he observed the purple iris was a soft gaze making your heart skip a beat. "Ah, really?" You rubbed your nape and stepped closer to him. "You sound awkward, y/n. Is it because of our last encounter?" Ushijima locked eyes with you. Flustering, you tried looking anywhere but him and gave up when you came to terms. "Y-Yeah... I'm so sorry, Ushijima. That ball was for my uncle." You muttered under your breath. "It's fine, y/n. Stop pondering about it." "It's easier said than done. What if I hurt you? Like seriously, you make a living out of your body's condition." "But here am I standing before you fine." Sighing, you rubbed your temple and found the scene amusing. He was trying to make you feel better in the most direct ways and you honestly appreciated it. Ushijima wasn't one to beat about the bush.

"Yeah, I'm glad that you are alright."

"Yes, so please stop overthinking."