CH 26

The morning sun shone on your skin causing you to toss a bit before fluttering your eyes open. The absence of weight next to you made you frown and sit up. Where was Ushijima? The first thing you did was to check your phone if he had texted you regarding his location which he did not. Pushing past all thoughts, you decided to wash up and made your way to the bathroom. After doing so, you stepped out only to hear noises from outside. Clicking the door open, you headed out to the living room to see what the commotion was about.

You walked through the hallway and peeped your head behind a wall only to see Ushijima. He was in the kitchen making breakfast and was assembling a plate of french toasts. The aroma of vanilla and cinnamon filled the air but what made you flush was seeing his bare upper body. The outlines of his back muscles while an occasional bicep flexes when he lifted something made your heart flutter. On top of this, his unstyled olive hair and slightly sleepy eyes from just rolling out of bed made him look effortlessly attractive.

As quiet as a mouse, you tiptoed behind him and wrapped your arms around his toned waist. If only you could see the soft smile on your boyfriend's face but it might be a good thing for your heart. It might combust. "Good morning, my love." His voice was already as deep as the sea but since it was the morning, it was huskier and had more depth. A hand of his travelled to yours resting on his waist while the other placed utensils on the plates of breakfast. "Morning, Toshi. You look exceptionally handsome this morning." You hummed blissfully. Ushijima chuckled and tugged your arm to make you move beside him. An arm wrapped around your waist to pull you closer to his warmth and bent forward to press a kiss on the side of your head.

Olive eyes watched you who sat opposite enjoying the delicious breakfast before you. Ushijima was glad that you felt better after a week of nightmares and uptight emotions. Come to think about it, your relationship with your parents was worse than his. At least Ushijima spoke to both his parents and had decent relationships, though he was closer to his dad. As for you, growing up with a psychotic mother and a father you have never met. You were practically raised by Uncle Fuki and Aunt Yumi. Nobody would be surprised if you were mistaken as their daughter instead of niece.

"Toshi, are you going back to practice today?" You asked with doe eyes. Ushijima's lips tilted at the sight and parted to speak. "Yes, love. Will you be fine being alone at home? I can take another few days off if you want." He reached for your face to wipe the maple syrup off the corner of your lips. "I'll be fine, Toshi. I'm alright now! You just go on with your day and don't worry." Hearing those words assured Ushijima for he was worried that you might break down in his absence which was something he did not want to happen. "That's my girl." He complimented proudly along with a gentle pinch on your cheek.

You watched him slip into his sports shoes and pick up his duffel bag before slinging it on a shoulder. "I'll be going off now, my love." Nodding, you neared him only to feel a large, calloused hand cupping your cheek. "Mhm. Bye, Toshi." You leaned into his touch. "Don't hesitate to call me if anything happens, alright?" "Yes, I will." Though he looked like he was ready to walk out the door, there was hesitation and second thoughts from how his fingers tapped on the duffel bag's strap. "Maybe I should-" "Toshi, I'll be fine." You grabbed his hands into yours. "I promise." You assured with a sincere gaze. A sigh escaped his lips as he nodded, he had to trust you and that was important in a relationship. "I'm sorry. I just don't wish for you to feel down and not being there for you." He delivered his voice in a hushed manner. Widening your eyes, you shook your head and stepped forward to close the gap. "Are you kidding me, Toshi? Baby, you've been nothing but the sweetest and the most caring being for the past week. Not everybody would have the patience or understand what I am going through. But... But you did. Without a single complaint and even stayed the night just to watch over me to make sure I'm alright. You're an angel, Toshi."