CH 43

Ever since that match, your phone was blowing up from Instagram notifications as fans somehow managed to find your account handle. Your followers increased and were spammed with likes and comments, even those pictures from years ago had their attention too. You were seen bullying Uncle Fuki along with Aunt Yumi when you ran down from the bleachers to congratulate the team. There was also a gif going around Twitter of Ushijima holding onto the hem of your shirt after the match when you ran down from the bleachers to congratulate the team and people found the sight adorable. On top of that, there was a video taken by a fan of you calling for Ushijima by the term 'baby' and fans went bonkers over that. They never thought of you that word on the stoic man until you came into the picture but they found that it does suit him seeing how he followed you everywhere on the court like a lost puppy. It was more of him looking out for you and making sure you did not get away from his sight in a sea of tall men.

Ushijima returned home from a press conference and called for you to announce his presence. However, unlike other times, there was no response. There was instead music coming from the bedroom as he made his way to it. He was greeted by you folding the clean laundry while doing small dances to the music you were listening to. You were too engrossed that you were occupied that you failed to notice his presence. Ushijima found the sight amusing but what caught his attention more was that you were wearing a familiar red top. After you placed the clothes into the wardrobe, you gasped in shock seeing your boyfriend standing there in silence, making you wonder how long has he been watching you fooling around to your playlist in his national jersey.

You spoke before he could and pointed to him to stay at where he was to show him something. Apparently, you claimed that his jersey was some sort of multi-functional clothing as the male cocked his brow in curiosity. Grabbing the loose fabric on the sides, you clamped it behind your back and tightened it. You mentioned that it looked like a bodycon dress as the curves of your figure were displayed. All Ushijima did was stand there internally gushing as he never thought his jersey had the ability to bring out the curves that he endeared. After showing that to him, you let go, causing his jersey to fall back normally and reached for the hem of it to pull it over your body to return it to him. You knew how precious the national jersey was to him yet to play around with it when he was not home. However, you were stopped by his hand and felt a peck on your forehead. 

Ushijima gazed at you adoringly, telling you that you can have his jersey as your eyes sparkled in joy, asking him if he was sure. Being soft for you, Ushijima nodded to confirm his words and you were pulled into his strong arms, hearing him whisper to not pull that move on anyone else but him. You giggled and glanced up to your boyfriend before nodding as a sign that you took in his words. Though he would not admit it, Ushijima tends to get a little jealous especially when you were either with his team or his high school friends. He thought he masked it well but little did he know that you caught his sign of jealousy which was through a small pout. Honestly, it was really cute of him and you wanted to see that side more.

Eiko and Ayumi sent you links to articles about Ushijima's stunning six aces in a row on the group chat and you could not help but fawn over them. The door clicked open indicating Ushijima was back from checking on his plants situated at the balcony. You motioned him to you and soon felt a weight on top of you. "Baby, you're so amazing. Six aces in a row?!" You pinched his cheeks, feeling him melt more into your warmth. You read the articles out loud and it was as if you were reading a storybook for him to sleep as Ushijima rubbed his face against the valley of your breasts while you caressed his back. "Are you sleepy, Toshi?" "Mm." It was all he responded, proving that he was tired.

He had a long day as a press conference usually last quite a while followed by a function in a convention hall. Poor baby's social battery ran out and being introverted did not help one bit. All Ushijima wanted was to be in your arms close to your chest while inhaling your scent that always comfort him. "Alright, baby. Want me to pat you to sleep?" "Yes, love." He was pulled closer to you as your hand patted his lower back and felt you kissing the crown of his head. Soon, snores filled the dimly lit room causing your lips to tilt. You lifted your head to peek at your now sleeping boyfriend and squealed internally from how his cheeks were squished against your chest. "Sweet dreams, Toshi. I love you." Giving him a last smooch before your body went off to sleep too.

A/N: This was the tiktok where I got the jersey idea from lol 

https://www.tiktok.com/@bokutoken/video/7035289048453270811?lang=en&is_copy_url=0&is_from_webapp=v1&sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=6974353937554720257