CH 21

Ushijima has been procrastinating regarding his morning jog. He has gotten ready to head out until he saw you waking up. Seeing you made him head to you and decided to hold onto you. He promised that it would take five minutes but it seemed otherwise. Shuffling to the bathroom, you reached for the spare toothbrush and started freshening up. Ushijima followed you like a lost puppy and stood behind. You glanced the mirror to see him and it was as if puppy ears grew above his head. He even tilted his head to a side and you almost squealed at the sight.

"What's wrong, Toshi?" You turned to face him and leaned against the sink. He reached for your forearms and stepped closer. "Just want a kiss before I go." He replied shyly. It was early in the morning and you were about to burst out of these clogging sweet feelings. It even made your stomach clench a bit. Through you, Ushijima learnt that physical touch was one of his love languages. He was surprised knowing that he was not one to show affection easily. Maybe it was just him being attracted and fond of you to make him behave this way.

Giggling after hearing his words, you jumped on a counter and reached for him. Ushijima settled himself between your legs while you wrapped your arms around his neck to pull him closer to you. "Toshi, you're so adorable." You told him the nth time and it never fail to surprise him as he was not one who thought he came off that way. Closing the gap, you kissed him as a way to greet the morning and the first day as a couple. You were about to pull away but squeaked when Ushijima pressed his lips against yours, not wanting the kiss to end that quickly.

"Didn't know you were that touch starved." You breathed upon ending the kiss. Ushijima glanced away and hung his head low after that, panic raising from within. Was he coming off too strong in the affection department? He did not want to irk you. The sudden silence and change of atmosphere had you wonder if everything was alright as your boyfriend was not looking at you. "Why? What's wrong, Toshi?" Your voice came out softly. Cupping his face, you made him look at you and there you saw a pinch of guilt. "Toshi... D-Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry if I did." "No, love. You didn't." Ushijima assured you.

Furrowing your brows, you shuffled closer to the edge of the counter to get closer to him. "Then what got you feeling down?" You ran your fingers through his hair. "I was thinking if I'm coming across as too affectionate. Sorry if I made you uneasy. I didn't grow up with much affectionate and maybe after meeting you, the touch hunger was brought out." Hearing that broke your heart having known the environment that he grew in. You shook your head and came face to face with him. "Please don't feel that way, Toshi. In fact, I really appreciate how affection you have been since we dated as you loosened yourself up." You rubbed the back of his neck. "In fact, I feel safe when you do. Knowing that there's someone there for me." You pressed a kiss on the corner of his lips.

"I'm glad to hear your view about it. Your comfort matters to me, love." Ushijima relaxed with a small smile. Your heart squeezed at the term that he addressed you. 'Love' permeated a different vibe from the other usual terms like 'baby' or 'babe'. It felt wholesome and heartwarming. "You still have your morning run to complete, right?" You chuckled as his eyes lit up at the reminder. "Yeah, I do." "Mm, then you should get going. Breakfast will be ready when you're back." You patted his sturdy chest. "I can't wait for it. Thank you, my love." Ushijima pecked your lips gratefully. What a way to spend your first morning as a couple.