CH 47

In the dark surrounding, soft breathing was heard along with warmth that comforted souls. Amidst the relaxing atmosphere, a cry broke through the air. A pair of olive eyes immediately widened before following where the cries came from. Entering the room opposite the master bedroom, the doorknob was twisted in order to attend to the wails. In a careful yet swift motion, a pair of safe hands carried the baby into muscular arms and a comforting cradle. Instantly, the cries died down before coos took over. Smiling down at his son, Ushijima stroked the baby's cheek with the back of his pointer finger. The same set of huge heart eyes for you were placed on his baby too.

Bringing Akio closer to him, Ushijima leaned in to kiss his forehead. However, Akio looked like he was about to break into tears again which made Ushijima widen his eyes before patting his chest lightly. This cry was like a ripple as another cut through the air. The younger twin, Akira, heard his brother crying as he rolled over to his stomach and looked up to see his father. Ushijima's lips curled and propped the younger twin in his other arm. He sat on the mini couch situated by the window with both his precious sons in his safe arms. The slight bouncing and shushes assured the one-year-olds that their father was here as the cries soon seized. Ushijima leaned his head to rest on the edge of the couch when he felt a harsh suckle on his chest. He glanced down to see Akio trying his best to retrieve milk from his chest. Ushijima wondered if this was how you felt when you breastfed the twins and made a mental note to thank you for that.

Heading for the kitchen, Ushijima was quick to grab the milk formula and two milk bottles. "Here you go, kids." He started to feed the hungry twins after testing the warmth of the milk. Walking to the balcony, Ushijima looked out to the view with the twins in his safe arms. Small moments like this meant a lot to Ushijima after starting a family. Standing in a quiet night while looking out to pretty city lights with his sons in his hold. It has been a year since the twins were born and they have been nothing but a blessing to Ushijima. Every day, Ushijima looks forward to seeing and playing with his adorable sons the moment his schedule ends. He even implemented a strict rule that no one should contact him the moment his work ends.

"Wow, what a sight to see." A voice broke the silence. Turning around, Ushijima saw his lovely wife leaning against the entrance of the balcony with folded arms. "What happened to our little princes?" You asked while making way to him to check on the twins. "Well, their tummies were growling." Ushijima laughed. "You should have woken me up, baby." You hit him lightly. "For?" Frowning at his word, you proceeded to point at your breast indicating breastmilk. "It's okay, love. We have formula." He nudged you lightly. "Also, Akio thought I produced milk." Your husband brought up the funny encounter and thanked you for bearing the uncomfortable feeling just for the twins. Letting out a sigh, you stood before him and shook your head, you would do anything for your babies. "He must have gotten mixed up coz his papa has tig biddies." You teased and patted Ushijima's chest pecs.

Looking down, you watched your sons enjoying their late night snack. "Look at their little cheeks! They are so fluffy and round." You squealed. "Right? They remind me of buns." Ushijima positioned Akira closer to him. "They're so beautiful..." You shook your head a little in disbelief. "We made dashing sons" Ushijima chuckled, agreeing with you. "Well, that's because they resemble their handsome father." You cupped Ushijima's cheek, making him lean in to nuzzle against the touch. "I'm so glad that we have the perfect family, Toshi." Your eyes searched his soft ones. "Me too, love. I'm blessed that you're the mother of my child." He smiled handsomely. Touched, you squeezed his cheek lightly with the city lights reflecting off your eyes to make them seem like they were sparkling. Ushijima leaned in closer for a kiss and when your lips almost touched, Akio let out a whimper.

Diverting all your attention to him, you shushed him while stroking his head gently. "Shh... Mama's here, baby." You pecked his cheek. "And so is papa." Ushijima chimed in. A peck was also given to Akira to be fair as you motioned Ushijima to bend down. Tiptoeing, you planted a firm kiss on his jawline. "I love you, Toshi." Your lips tilted. "I love you too, darling." Your husband hummed. Akio had grabby hands reaching for Ushijima which caused him to chuckle. "Don't be jealous, Akio. Papa loves you too." Ushijima tapped his cute button nose before smooching his chubby cheek. "And you too, Akira." He kissed the younger twin.

The next morning arrived and soft music was played. The twins were sitting on the couch playing with the toys they received from either Ushijima or their uncles. "M-Mama! "Mama?" Your lips curled at the sound of your sweeties calling for you. The twins resembled your husband more as they got his eyes and hair but somewhat had your personality. Akio was more outgoing while Akira was shyer and often hides behind his older brother. It was always a sight watching them hang out and become best friends.

"Uh oh!" Akio gasped as he watched his soft toy bear roll and fall down the couch. Akira shared a look with his brother and wanted to attempt to get off the couch to retrieve the toy. However, a shadow cast over his small body as he lifted his head to see who it was in curiosity. "Your friend got lost." Ushijima handed the bear over to Akio. "Papa!" He cheered with a cute smile and crawled slightly to the edge of the couch just enough for him to reach for his father, attempting to wrap his little arms around Ushijima's thigh. "Papa..." Akira did not want to lose out to Akio and did the same. Ushijima kneeled down to their eye level, giving their cheeks gentle pinches and head pats.

Ushijima may not be the most affectionate person from his family's situation. However, he learnt a little affection goes a long way from you. It makes him feel loved and warm whenever you gave him a small hug or a soft kiss. He promised you that your children would never experience what you and Ushijima experienced growing up and was willing to try new things for his sons. Giggles filled the air along with screams of joy as you looked over your shoulder to see Ushijima tickling their little bellies, sometimes squishing the fats. Bright smiles and grabby hands were seen as the twins wanted more of their father's playtime as he was a busy man and the majority of the time, they saw him through the television.

No matter how long you have been with Ushijima, the handsome and rare smile he had never failed to make your heart thud like a teenager. "Papa's so handsome when he smiles." You complimented, hand snaking to his cheek to angle it for a peck on his lips. Ushijima nudged his nose against yours and the sweet moment was interrupted with whines. The twins waved their hands in protest, feeling jealous of their father receiving a kiss from their mother. "Why? Mama's just giving papa love, sweeties!" You chuckled and wrapped your arms around Ushijima's shoulders. "No!" Akio shook his head and Akira followed after.

"But papa needs mama's love too!" You scooted in between Ushijima's legs, hugging him and resting the side of your head on his chest. It was as if the world collapsed for the twins when they watched their parents cuddling and exchanging kisses. Jealous. They were jealous. "No!" "Mama, n-no!" They protested as big pouts and scrunched noses were seen on their faces. Letting out a small chuckle, you picked Akira into your arms while Akio was close to Ushijima. The older twin shoved his tiny palm in both you and your husband's faces as if telling both of you to stop showing affection, at least not in front of them. Ushijima chuckled, complying with his son's request and wiped his teary eyes. Akira snuggled against your chest and hid his face there, "You're just like papa, sweetie." You whispered, recalling how your husband has his face between the valley of your chest too majority of the nights. The Ushijima household was the perfect family. The perfect family you always dreamt of.

A/N: A few more chapters to go!