CH 24

You were hanging out at Ushijima's place and was sprawled out on his bed. Scrolling through your feed, you tagged Eiko and Ayumi to post memes under the comment section and liking certain posts too. Feet shuffling into the room was heard as Ushijima entered the room after watering his plants. Without a hint of words, he crawled onto bed and laid on top of you. His head popped between the opening of your arms and snuggled against your chest. Soft olive locks of his tickled you and giggles left your lips.

"Hi, my big teddy." You stroked his hair affectionately, making your boyfriend rub his cheek against your warmth. "Why are you smiling to yourself, love?" He wondered after having placed his chin on your sternum and fixated his eyes on you. "Just saw some funny posts, that's why." You rubbed his cheek with the back of your pointer finger. One thing you noticed was that Ushijima often snuggled and cuddles with you. Whenever you came to his place, it was as if puppy ears grew on the top of his head as he followed you everywhere. He liked holding onto you and rubbing his nose on your skin, sometimes even resting his head on top of yours when you sat next to him.

When the both of you met, Ushijima would give you something that he thought you might like or reminded him of you. There was once he gave you a poppy during a date and it melted your heart thoroughly. "My handsome Toshi's always cuddling with me, hm?" You babied him after knowing that he had a long day at practice. A cute pout formed on his handsome features as he hid his face in the valley of your chest. Laughing at his reaction, you held onto his face, making him look at you and littered kisses on him. "My gosh... You're so adorable." You kissed his cheek which caused it to smoosh. Ushijima remained still as he felt your lips pressing every inch of his face and warmth emitted through his body. What did he do to deserve you?

It was when your phone buzzed making you stop to read the notification. Aunt Yumi has texted you to stay at Ushijima's for the night making you furrow your brows. Sure but why so sudden? You replied her to ask her about it before setting your phone aside. It became worrying when she did not reply you minutes later like she normally does. You decide to call her up but she did not pick up even after a few times of calling. Straightening your back, you sat on the soft bed with anxiousness overcoming you. "What's wrong, love?" Ushijima started to worry seeing how concerned you looked. You explained to him the situation as he scrolled through your phone to read the texts. He noticed you texted and called Uncle Fuki too but there was no avail. "Love, we should head to your place." He suggested and stood from the bed. "Yeah, let's go." You nodded with a rapid heartbeat.

Arriving at the doorstep of your house, you heard voices yelling at each other making you share a look with Ushijima. You fumbled with the keys, hurriedly unlocked the door and swiftly entered with Ushijima. "She is not your daughter!" "And? At least we don't treat her in a psychotic manner!" It was Uncle Fuki and another woman's voice. "What's going on here?" You interrupted as the three adults snapped their heads towards your direction. There you saw Uncle Fuki with Aunt Yumi next to him and opposite them was another woman. There was something familiar rumbling in your head regarding this strange lady your uncle was arguing with. "Sweetie, didn't I told you to stay at Ushijima's for today?" Aunt Yumi walked to you. "I know but I texted you and Uncle Fuki to find the reason for it because it was sudden and there was no reply. I got worried so I came back." You explained.

"Y/n?" That woman called for you making you look up to her. The look on Uncle Fuji's face was as if telling you to not interact with her but you were a young adult now and had the rights to know what was happening. "That's me. You are?" You asked. "What? Don't you recognize me? I'm your mother." In that moment, you stiffened and the world seemed to start falling on you. It has been more than a decade since you last heard and saw her. This woman was locked away in a corner of your head you do not want to remember and you eventually forgotten about her. Well, that was until today. Ushijima noticed how abnormally stiff you were as his Adam's apple bob in worry. "Love?" He whispered and placed a hand on your shoulder. In that moment, you broke down.

"Go away!" You screamed and seek refuge in your boyfriend's strong and safe arms. Uncle Fuki's jaw clenched at the sight seeing you breaking down in fear and trauma as Ushijima and Aunt Yumi tried calming you down. "Why are you crying, y/n? I'm your mother for goodness sake!" Your mother was close to fly in rage, disappointed to what she deemed uncalled for regarding your reaction. "Get out of my house." Uncle Fuki yanked your mother's arm. "No! It's my right to see my daughter!" "You think she wants to even glance at you being in this manner?" He yelled and dragged her to the front door. "What kind of older brother does this to his sister?!" "And what kind of mother ruins her daughter's childhood?!" After arguing for awhile more, Uncle Fuki managed to chase your mother out of the house.

You tears soaked Ushijima's clothes and could not stop crying as the person from your nightmares appeared before you after years. "It's alright, sweetheart. She's gone now." Aunt Yumi caressed your back. Ushijima has never seen someone sobbing this much and the force from anguish to produce those cries and tears. This someone was you, his beloved girlfriend. He was honestly in shock along with a clenching heart as he could not bear to see you. Thinking about it, this was his first time seeing you cry and what made it worse was how hard you were crying. It broke him. "We're all here, my love. You're safe." Ushijima placed his lips on the top of your head.

Uncle Fuki approached you and placed a comforting hand on your upper body, making you look at him. "Hey, sweetie..." He whispered. "U-Uncle Fuki..." You hiccuped. Seeing you like this reminded him of those times when you were a little girl and crying after waking up from that horrid nightmare. "Yeah, I'm here. We are all here." He caressed your head, picking out hair on your face now damp from tears tenderly. Calming you down seemed like ages but everyone was kind and patient with you, including Ushijima. He held onto you until your sons simmered down and breathing was returning to normal before handing you over to Aunt Yumi as Uncle Fuki pulled him to aside for a talk.

"I'm sorry that you have to witnessed that, Ushijima. I hope I'm not asking for much but can y/n stay at your place for the time being? I know my sister would drop by anytime this week again as she's a stubborn one." Uncle Fuki requested. "Please don't feel this way, coach. Having y/n staying at my place will never be a problem and she can be there until this issue simmers. Is there anyway I can help?" Ushijima wanted to feel useful is such a serious problem. Patting his arm, Uncle Fuki shook his head. "You're already helping out, Ushijima. Please just take care of y/n for us?" Uncle Fuki requested. "I will, coach. I'll be there for her when she needs me." Ushijima promised with a nod.

"You're a good man, Wakatoshi. I'm glad my niece met someone like you as her significant other."