CH 11

You were with Eiko and Ayumi heading to your next class. A groan was heard as Ayumi held onto her tummy and whined that she was hungry. This earned her a slap on the back by Eiko who has reminded her many times to eat before coming to school. Pouting, Ayumi hugged Eiko's arm while the other girl tried to shake her off. Laughing at the sight, you were the happiest wherever you were with your friends other than being at home and sharing a chaotic dynamic between your Uncle Fuki with Aunt Yumi supporting you in bullying her husband. Just then, your phone buzzed as you fished your phone from the back pocket of your jeans.

Ushijima: "Hey, y/n. Your Uncle Fuki told me to text you to say that he left his bento at home."

Y/n: "Tell him to use his brain a little about the fact that I'm in school."

Ushijima: "Oh. You have classes today?"

Y/n: *Y/n sent a photo*

Ushijima: "I showed coach and he is freaking out."

Y/n: "Pfft, what a loser."

Ushijima: "You look tired."

Ushijima: "Is everything alright in school? Is that guy still harassing you?"

Heat spread through your body as you read the messages he sent. Your thoughts might be right. Ushijima was a gentle giant. His concerning texts and how he remembered that incident made your heart skip a beat as your fingers hovered above the keypad not knowing how to respond. Eiko and Ayumi wondered what has gotten into you as they stole a glance at the screen only for their eyes to widen. "You guys are texting?!" "The Ushijima Wakatoshi texts you?!" They squealed. Pushing them to a wall, you placed a finger on your lips to shush them as people started staring at you upon hearing the national player's name. "Can you guys shut up?" You whispered-shouted as they nodded with eyes gleaming in excitement.

Letting out a sigh, you glared at them warily to make sure they were not showing signs of freaking out again. You also allowed them to read the texts as they made small noises making you roll your eyes. "Ew, Mako followed you home?" Eiko's face scrunched in disgust after you explained the last text Ushijima sent. "Yeah, thank goodness Ushijima was there." You sighed at the thought. "Aw, he is checking up on you~" Ayumi sang as you raised a fist in threat, making her zip her mouth. "What should I reply?" You cupped your mouth with a frown. "Just text him whatever you feel is appropriate." "Yeah, don't put up a front." Nodding, you typed away to assure Ushijima about your well-being. You might seem tired from the photo due to the assignments. Seriously, two presentations and a major essay all due on the same week? Who would look alive?

Holding onto his phone, Ushijima has been staring at the photo you sent for the past few minutes. It was a selfie of you when you were heading to your next class while holding your laptop with your friends in the background. Ushijima took the towel around his neck off him after a shower but did not realize the other guys approaching him. "Ushijima-san, are you joining us for dinner?" Hinata asked while making his way to his locker. "Yeah." He replied and locked his phone before unlocking his locker to get changed. As usual, the locker room was loud and chaotic filled with teasing and bickering. "Hey, coach!" Bokuto waved to the older male who entered the locker room. "Hey, boys! Heading home?" "Nah, we are gonna get dinner! Wanna join us?" Atsumu offered. "I'd love to but my wife cooked dinner." Uncle Fuki pouted causing the boys to laugh. 

"Oh, Ushijima. Are you still texting y/n? Have any idea when she's coming home?" Uncle Fuki asked. Silence filled the air as Ushijima pulled down his t-shirt before staring at his coach with slightly widened eyes. "Oh, uhm. Should I ask her about it?" He asked and slung his duffel bag over a shoulder. "If you want to. Well, see ya fellas! Have a good rest." Uncle Fuki waved goodbye as the team did the same but quietly. Taking out his phone, Ushijima made his way out of the locker room texting you but was blocked by Hoshiumi. Blinking, the taller male wondered what was going on until Hoshiumi parted his lips. "You're in a texting relationship with y/n?!" He yelled in surprise. "Omi-kun, you jealous that someone is stealing your idol away?" Atsumu smirked and slung an arm around Sakusa's shoulder. "Hands off, Miya." He groaned in annoyance. "I wanna text y/n too!" Bokuto pouted, curious about the conversation you shared with Ushijima. "Can we talk about this during dinner? I'm hungry." "You're ruining the mood, Kageyama." Hinata shrieked when Kageyama shot him a glare.

Ushijima just stared at them for a moment and let the noise fade away while he continued typing the text he was about the send you. A few moments later, he hit the 'send' button and continued staring at his team with his olive eyes, waiting for them to simmer down before deciding on a place to eat.

Ushijima: "Please take care of yourself and get some good rest when you're home. Text me if that guy finds you again."