CH 37

Ushijima swung his arm across your side of the bed to pull you closer only to feel that it was empty. His eyes widened instantly and a frown followed after that you were not in bed. At that moment, he adjusted the blanket only to see a note folded in half flying down to the ground. Ushijima picked it up and immediately noticed the lipstick mark of the shape of your lips along with the scent of your perfume and the note read:

"Morning, Toshi! I've left for my morning lecture and I'm sorry to leave you alone :( I'll make it up to you with cuddles when we're both home, alright? I love you, my handsome baby <3

xoxo,
Your y/n"

His lips curled in bliss as he carefully placed the note on the nightstand before flipping the blanket away for him to head to the bathroom. When he entered, the first thing he saw was lipstick stains on his cheek from you before you left for school. His hand came up to it and cupped his cheek lightly as his lips turned into a love struck squiggle.

Toshi🐻❤️: "Morning, my love. I hope you had your breakfast and thank you for the sweet note and kisses☺️"
Y/n: "Toshi, you're awake!! That's nothing, baby... I felt so bad leaving you alone in bed🥺"
Toshi🐻❤️: "That's alright, love. You feeling alright? Any discomfort?"
Y/n: "Just a little sore but it's bearable. You looked so cute sleeping that I had to kiss you before leaving😩"

Toshi🐻❤️: "I appreciate it, y/n. I'll be home earlier today, alright? I'll see you later :) "
Y/n: "Mhm! I love you, handsome❤️"
Toshi🐻❤️: "I love you too."

Ushijima wiped the sweat off his forehead with a towel and stood by the bleachers to take a break from training. He gulped down the icy cold water but little did he know that he was being watched. Pairs of eyes were fixated on him and Hoshiumi could not believe how clueless this man was. "Ushijima, did you fail to wash your face before coming?" He spoke up. Ushijima looked ahead to see his teammates staring at him as confusion washed his body. He did not know what the younger male was trying to point out and that was when Atsumu pointed to his cheek.

There was a reflection on the windows as Ushijima made use of it to see what was happening. His eyes widened when he spotted your lipstick stains still slightly intact on his skin. Damn, the lipstick you used had super staining powers. He calmly rubbed the area to get rid of it but there was a small portion in him that he did not want to do so. The stains acted as a reminder of you for him and he found it sweet too.

"I'll just wash it off with soap when I shower later." He placed his belongings aside and returned to the court. "Ushiwaka's ears are red." Bokuto pointed out as Hinata nodded in agreement. "Wow, he's so whipped for her." Hoshiumi folded his arms as Sakusa rolled his eyes. Hoshiumi happened to saw that and started yelling in annoyance at Sakusa but got ignored when the taller male left the area. "Well, ya never know with Omi-kun. Maybe he's in a relationship but he's keeping it from us!" "Shut up, Miya."

You were always the one to surprise him at during training and even waiting for him to end no matter how long he took to go home together. Ushijima thought it was only fair to return the favour and he was now waiting for you outside campus. You appeared a few moments later with Ayumi and Eiko happily walking the other direction. He slowly drove to meet your point as the window wind down. "Love?" Snapping your head to the right, a smile instantly formed seeing Ushijima here to surprise you. "Baby, you didn't tell me you were coming!" "Just wanted to surprise you like you always do to me at the training centre." Eiko and Ayumi exchanged looks before snickering and teasing you with nudges as you shooed them away and proceeded to open the door to the passenger's seat.

It was the first time the girls met Ushijima in real life apart from television and they were awestruck by his visuals. The cameras did him no justice as he was even good looking in real life. You definitely were the lucky one. Ushijima looked at them and greeted with a small wave in polite as they waved back. "Do you girls need a ride?" He offered. "We're fine, Ushijima. Thanks for the offer!" "Yep! That was really nice of you." With that, you parted ways and drove off.

You stopped by a local supermarket to do some grocery shopping for tonight's dinner. Ushijima reached for your hand to envelope it in his large and warm one. Smiling up at him, your eyes caught someone from the corner as you took a few moments to stare at the direction. A camera lens was seen and you knew that it was the paparazzi. Instead of ignoring it, you chose to stop walking and continue to stare into the lens with a deadpanned expression.

Ushijima wondered why you were not making way into the supermarket and being the much taller one, he managed to catch a glimpse of the paparazzi too. Ushijima too stared at the lens just like you did song with his stoic features, not appreciating both your privacies getting invaded. It was when you took out your phone and headed to the camera app, pointing your phone to the paparazzi to do the same action as him. In a flash, the paparazzi realized that he was caught as he fled at that moment. That iconic move of yours was definitely going to make it to the headlines.

Upon reaching home, you situated yourself in the kitchen after washing up to whip up dinner. You were engrossed in plucking the leaves of the chosen vegetable that you failed to notice Ushijima approaching you. A familiar warmth pressed against your back as felt a weight on top of your head followed by a kiss. Hands roamed on your waist and snuck under your shirt to rub your skin in gentle circles. Who were you to reject your boyfriend's rare gesture of affection as you were always the one initiating first especially when you left him alone in bed after a night of love making. Honestly, you still felt guilty over it and Ushijima being touchy was totally fine with you.

"I'm gonna make dinner to make it up to you, hm?" Ushijima nodded and buried his nose into your hair to inhale your scent. Throughout the process of cooking dinner, your boyfriend followed you like a lost puppy by sticking close to you and helping out such as washing the utensils and plating the dining table. You gave him small butt pats with an occasional 'Good job, baby.' to recognize his efforts. If you were to tell him how needy he was acting, you knew he would be in denial but his actions say otherwise.

As promised, you cuddled with him after a hearty meal and a bath. His cheek was squished against your chest and he gave you squeezes from time to time. "I'm here, baby. You tired?" "I think I'll sleep before midnight," The clock now indicated 8:34 pm. Your mind drifted elsewhere for a second and recalled a topic brought up in campus. You unlocked your phone and scrolled through some pages before managing to find what you wanted.

"Baby, I'm gonna show you something and tell me what you think." Ushijima nodded and the next moment he was looking at your phone's screen. "Who's this man?" His brows furrowed in confusion. "Riftan from Under the Oak Tree. He's the male lead for a famous novel and manhwa." Ushijima nodded in understanding but wondered why you were showing this to him. "I thought you resembled him. Just a slight bit." You pinched your thumb and pointer finger  together with squinted eyes. You went on telling him that the girls and you debated whether he resembled the manhwa character as Ushijima listened intently with soft eyes, savouring your melodious voice filled with excitement as he nuzzled against your chest.

"It is good?" He asked and felt your breath hitch. "I was shocked by how much sex was in it. Like... He got turned on by feeding his wife, Maxi, grapes. Freaking grapes, Toshi!" You smacked your face at the thought. After that, you continued to share the plot and why Maxi got married to Riftan, so on and so forth. The way you described the story ignited interest in Ushijima as he shifted a little to bury his face against the crook of your neck. "Her father is an ass because he abused her since she was a child and-" You stopped when you heard soft snores and your eyes peered downwards to see that Ushijima has fallen asleep. A soft smile appeared on your features as you carefully pulled the blanket up to cover it to the base of his neck. "Sweet dreams, baby. I love you." You whispered into his ear and kissed his temple.

A/N: Any Under the Oak Tree readers here? I'm so close to dropping it coz of the times Riftan got h0rny🙃