CH 20

Having sleepovers with Eiko and Ayumi was a bi-monthly thing. Spreading out on the comforter, three of you had sheet masks on, indulging in the lavender scented candle and dim lights. This set the mood for night for random talks and gossiping. Eiko was bringing up drama regarding a few campus couples on how some were being either too flirty or some ignoring one another. Ayumi straightened her back to add on that a friend of hers happened to witness a recent couple fighting at the back of campus. You lay down taking in these gossips, occasionally giving your opinion. Just then, Ayumi poked your arm with a smirk on her face along with Eiko. You knew where this was going.

Rolling over to you, Ayumi asked how were things going with Ushijima. Eiko did the same and now you were squished between them with nowhere to run. You briefly shared your relationship progress with Ushijima making them whine at how plain it was. It may seem this way to them but it was not to you. You understood that Ushijima was a busy man due to his career and you were grateful that he tries his utmost to make time for you. Even Uncle Fuki had to help him out by asking which days you need not have to attend school to plan dates.

"Sooo, have you guys kissed?" Eiko wiggled her brows and Ayumi giggling. You groaned and slapped her head lightly to cut it out. Sure, both you and Ushijima shared kisses here and there but they were anywhere but your lips. The thought made you fluster a little but you tried your best to keep composed. The girls went on to ask more questions and some may or may not have made you kick them. After staying up for a few more hours watching movies and scrolling through social media, it was time to turn in for the night.

Gloomy clouds invaded the bright sky you sure saw a few minutes ago. Your date at the park was now ruined as you fiddled with your phone. It brightened and buzzed, indicating a text message and you unlocked your phone to view it. Ushijima has just texted you that the date location may need to have some alterations as you sighed in disappointment. It was the next text he sent that made your eyes go big.

Ushijima: "If you're comfortable with it, we can have a date at my place."
Y/n: "Oh, sure! I'd love to."
Ushijima: "Great, I'll pick you up."

Ushijima arrived at your place as you hopped into the car and was greeted by him kissing your cheek. Smiling, you did the same to him affectionately and he drove off. During the ride, Ushijima shared the shenanigans that happened during practice. From Atsumu and Sakusa bickering to Bokuto and Hinata being loud. It must be fun to have such lively teammates (there are compilations of the team's funny moments filmed of fans on the Internet). After a few turns and traffic lights, Ushijima turned into an apartment building.

The car was parked at the basement as he led you to where the lifts were. One of the lifts opened and Ushijima pressed the 'P' button. Arriving at the chosen floor, you followed where he was going and watched him slid in his thumb on the scanner of the digital lock. A click was heard a few seconds after as Ushijima opened the door and let you in first. Upon entering the penthouse, you were in awe by how minimalistic and clean it was. The scent of citrus filled the air to add on to the cleanliness aspect.

"You can relax at the living room while I settle dinner." Ushijima headed to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator to see what was there to cook. "Wait, you're cooking dinner?" You blinked and approached him from behind. "I do, it's something I picked up during high school." He hummed and took out some ingredients. "Also, I thought it'll be be great if I took this opportunity to do something for you." Ushijima added on. Walking to him, you pondered what he meant by that and eventually stood next to him.

"This is really sweet of you, Toshi. I can't wait for dinner! What are we having?" You scanned the ingredients on the kitchen island. "Just some stir fried chicken and a side of vegetables with rice. Will that be enough? Now that I think about it, I think it's too simple. I should-" He was interrupted when you lifted his hand and kissed it. "This is more than enough. It's the thoughts that count, Toshi." Your voice came out in a hushed manner. Ushijima was grateful that you were understanding. He would have made better plans if it weren't for the storm. There would be a nice sunset at the place of choice for the picnic. How nice would that be?