CH 22

"Gosh, our girl finally has a boyfriend." Ayumi wrapped her arm around your shoulder. "Yep! We are so happy for you." Eiko giggled and nudged your side. They have been going on like this for the past few minutes after breaking the news to them. This includes lots of teasing and questions being thrown to you. However, you had to be careful and lowered your voice whenever this topic was brought up. Dating a pro-athlete who had the public's eye was something you were aware of especially when Ushijima had a fanbase. Even so, that wasn't not going to stop you from being in a relationship with him.

There was not doubt that Ushijima's skills were amazing but something seemed to have changed. Everyone noticed that his gameplay was better and had better stats during physical training. It was as if he got a booster shot for motivation and he has been letting out small smiles more frequently. "What do y'all think?" Hoshiumi asked during break. The team stood in a corner while observing Ushijima from far who was on his phone. There they caught him smiling at the screen before his thumbs tapped on the keypad. "Something happy happened recently? I'm not sure." Hinata slumped his body the wall with a pout.

Uncle Fuki entered the gymnasium while the boys were still coming out with theories. Sakusa glanced at his coach and did the same to Ushijima as his eyes widened the slightest. Could it be true? "He might be dating." Sakusa gave his piece. Everyone jumped and started connecting the dots. "Is he dating y/n-chan?" Bokuto placed his chin on Atsumu's shoulder. "Wakatoshi-kun and y/n-chan, huh?" The faux blonde smirked at the thought. "That would be something else." Kageyama commented and took a bite of banana.

Speaking of the devil, the gymnasium's entrance creaked to welcome a guest. You entered the gymnasium with the scent of salonpas and greeted the team. "Y/n, you're here!" Bokuto bounced around you like a happy puppy. It has been a while since you visited the gymnasium and you were glad to have met them again. Ushijima stood there surprised as he did not know you were making an appearance. His heart raced upon seeing you right here before him. Uncle Fuki noticed the look on the younger male's face as he smirked and clapped his hands for attention. "I think we can resume practice, fellas." He announced. After hanging around you for a while more, they eventually went back to the court. Seizing this opportunity, you quickly grabbed Ushijima's hand and ran out of the gymnasium with his slightly stumbling behind you. Seeing that made Uncle Fuki sigh at the young love he witnessed. Specifically his niece's.

"Hi, Toshi!" You greeted with a wide smile. "Were you surprised? Gosh, you have no idea how I wanted to tell you that I'm coming over. Let me buy you a drink!" You turned to the vending machine and popped in some spare change in your pockets. A soft thud was heard meaning the can drink has been dispensed and you handed it to Ushijima. "You're here, love." He breathed, still unable to process the surprise. Sitting on the bench, you wrapped your arms around one of his arm and shifted closer. "Love, I'm sweaty and sticky." Ushijima chuckled but all you did was pout and ignore that because you did not care. "I'm really happy you're here, my love. I missed you." It has been almost a few days since you last saw him due to both your schedules.

You let out a weak smile before leaning forward to kiss his cheek. "I missed you too, Toshi. How have you been? Is practice hard?" Knowing that there was a competition soon, Uncle Fuki has been busy too and this natural led to the team's practice session being more strenuous and longer. "Not after I've seen you." Melting into a puddle of goo, you wanted to kiss him till you were breathless there and then. This man really knew how to use his words. "Aw, Toshi. Then I'll be here to cheer for you, hm?" You poked his jawline. "That would be sweet of you, my love." Ushijima chuckled with tinted red ear tips, not knowing if it was from practice or if he was blushing.

"Drink up before resuming practice, alright? I don't want to you get dehydrated." You urged him. The care you have showered touched Ushijima. Actions speak louder than words which was what was happening right now. You have been sending him texts to stay safe and taking care of himself. When it was time for certain meal periods, you never failed to text him to ask if he has taken his meal. You were so kind and genuine in his eyes.

Just then, Atsumu's voice was heard. He yelled where Ushijima was as he has been gone for quite a while. You laughed at Atsumu's dialect which got more prominent with every yell. "Looks like they're looking for you, Toshi." A small pout formed his face as Ushijima hung his head low to the beverage can and mumbled an 'okay'. "I'm going to be there, Toshi!" You patted his back to make him feel better. "True but I want you next to me." Ushijima responded. This big baby.

Standing from your seat, you stood in front of him in between his legs. Ushijima did not waste a second as he hugged you by the waist after placing the beverage aside. You rested his head on your chest and felt him nuzzling against your warmth as you found the scene endearing. "Go now, baby Toshi. I'll be by the bleachers." You promised and stroked his hair gently. The pet name sent tingles down his spine and angled his head to lock eyes with you. "Alright, I too feel it's time to go." He agreed. "That's my Toshi." You complimented and leaned in to peck his lips.