CH 36

"What are you doing there, Toshi?" Ushijima has been standing at the balcony for the past 15 minutes and not uttering a word. You made your way to him only to notice a tiny packet of fertiliser that he has been trying to open but his thumbs were too thick to slit through the opening. "Baby..." You chuckled at the sight and ran your hands through his abs finding it rather cute. "You could've asked for help, silly baby." Upon saying that, you took the packet and managed to pry it open before handing it back to him.

Ushijima thanked you and poured the fertiliser carefully into the pots of plants in the correct amount. You left him to enjoy his time with the plants and was about to turn into the shared bedroom when you heard him calling for you. "Grow pretty, y/n." You cocked a brow to process what was happening and eventually understood. "Toshi, what did you just call the plant?" Ushijima got a little startled by your return as he looked down at the plant hanging his head bashfully. "Y/n..." In a split second, you hugged him tightly and tiptoed to boop his nose. "That's so adorable of you, baby! You named them after me?" "Mhm." Ushijima nodded with tinted cheeks. Your heart exploded and proceeded to scattered kisses on his sturdy chest.

You were by the desk doing your collaborative report with Eiko and Ayumi. It was getting late but you had no choice but might have to surpass midnight as there was an error found while proofreading the report. Grumbles left your lips as you were frustrated and borderline sleepy. You hated studying past 9 pm or even attend group calls so that you could have alone time but tonight failed you. "Ayo, chill girl." "Yeah, you look like you're going to rip your hair off." "Ha, I want to." You scoffed and rolled your eyes at them on FaceTime.

Ushijima came out of the bathroom from brushing his teeth and noticed the frown you were wearing. Approaching you, he lowered himself and checked up on you. Fluster filled your body when you realized he was topless while you were on FaceTime with the girls and yelped before pushing him on the bed with you hovering above him. "Toshi! The girls were on my screen!" You whispered shouted. "Is it? I didn't notice, love." Ushijima blinked at you as you sighed and chuckled after.

"Mhm, just don't want to let them see your god sculpted body." Trailing a finger from his jawline to his chest and drawing random shapes on his pecs. You added that you were going to bed later than usual and told him to go sleep first as practice was starting earlier than usual tomorrow. Hearing that made Ushijima freeze and then deflate a little as he could not hold you to sleep just like other nights. Being his girlfriend, you were able to spot the change in him and it made you feel bad. You knew how much he loved holding you in his arms and vice versa.

"Just half an hour more, baby. Then I'll be yours, hm?" His sullen olive eyes sparkled and the pout was long gone as he nodded. "Okay." He hummed as his cheek got squished by your lips before watching you jump off the bed. "Let's get this done with." Cracking your joints, you typed faster than usual along with Eiko and Ayumi while exchanging ideas and theories learnt that were applicable for the report. With your boyfriend on your mind, it was like a motivation for you to work even efficiently and your words came true when the report was done within 20 minutes.

Ayumi pointed out that you were in a rush as Eiko snorted at the amusing sight because you were probably the calmest among the trio (collectively, you guys were crazy) but all you did was stare at them while thinking of an excuse for your out of character behaviour. You turned back to the bed to see Ushijima waiting for you patiently while replying to some texts before looking back at them. "S-Sex! Wakatoshi and I are going to have sex so that's why. Haha, can't wait for some Vitamin D!" Eiko choked on her water while Ayumi laughed heartily and Ushijima practically broke down a little as he stopped whatever he was doing. You quickly bid them goodbye and slammed your laptop shut and jumped into bed to join Ushijima.

Poor baby was so confused and flustered because your tone sounded like it was true. "Baby, I'm sorry! Just wanted a reason to end earlier so that I can fulfil my promise." You apologized and held onto his face between your palms. "It's okay, love." Ushijima nodded in understanding and placed his phone on the nightstand where the charger was. Though the lights were dim, you could make out the redness flushed on his skin and crawled behind him for a back hug. "Sorry for flustering you, handsome." You littered kisses on his muscular back, taking this chance to inhale the scent of cedarwood from the body soap.

"Come here, baby." You fluffed up the pillows and laid down on the bed, ready to turn in for the day. Ushijima approached you and laid on your chest as your fingers ran through his hair. "I'm so proud of you, Toshi. You're always working hard without complaint." You complimented while scattering kisses on top of his head. Ushijima smiled upon hearing those words and snuggled closer to your warmth. "Unlike me who whined over a report." You rolled your eyes at the thought as he propped his chin on your chest, giving you a pair of puppy eyes. "I think it's fine to feel that once in a while." He tried to make you feel better and you appreciated his efforts.

Humming in agreement, you twirled the back of his hair and stared at him with heart eyes. Ushijima lifted himself with an arm's support to kiss your lips sweetly as his hand came in sight to stroke your hair. You returned him the favour by pulling him down and locked lips with him, savouring the moment before pulling away moments later. "What did I do to deserve you?" "Your existence." Your eyes widened and soon your lips quivered as you were touched by his words. You knew your boyfriend was a man of few words but whenever he speaks, you felt nothing but comfort and bliss.

"Gosh, marry me." You hid your face in his chest and felt yourself being positioned on top of his chest this time. There was a moment of silence as Ushijima caressed your locks, "After your graduation." He uttered under his breath as you shot up instantly with big eyes. He made eye contact with you and there was nothing but sincerity, as if he made a promise through his olive eyes and tears rolled down your cheeks. "Really...?" You whispered, voice cracking a little from being emotional. "Yes, you're the only woman I want." He confirmed his words as you leaned forward to peck his soft lips. "I can't wait for the day you surprise me with a ring, Toshi." You mumbled against his lips and felt him smooch your lips along with a nod in response. Safe to say, the excuse you made up became true as both of you spent the night making passionate love to each other. Ushijima Wakatoshi was the only man you wanted.