CH 39

It was the middle of the day and you were in campus when you received a call from Haru. You had the intention of greeting him but that was cut off when he told you the following. Haru lets out a breath from the other side of the line and told you his reason for calling. You froze and sat on the bench after hearing what he has got to say, making Eiko and Ayumi look up to your sudden taken aback behaviour. Fingers fiddled as your pupils glanced from the laptop's screen to the girls. Ayumi tilted her head as if asking what was wrong while Eiko lowered her laptop screen to have a proper view of you. After exchanging a few words, you hung up the call and placed your phone aside.

"She got arrested." Apparently, your mother was caught stealing money from a convenience store as her addiction to gambling has gotten out of hand. She was out of money to enter casinos and decided to take things into her own hands by breaking the law. The girls asked how you were feeling but all you did was shrug. Honestly, you were lost. This woman, your birth giver, was terrible to you when you were young and you did not know if you should feel bad for her. Should you even visit her? What did the rest of your family think? Sighing, you held onto your forehead to collect your thoughts with dilemma running through your mind.

"Y/n-chan, you're being too nice~" Yuki wagged a finger in your face but he was swatted away by Haru in irk. A thumb ran through the back of your hand as you looked up to see Ushijima who was next to you. Both of you were over at Uncle Fuki's as promised to visit every Saturday and were sat around the dining table. You cannot stress how troubled Uncle Fuki looked. He had a constant frown on his face the moment you entered the house and you knew he was thinking about your mother. Well, they were siblings after all.

Uncle Fuki spoke up expressing that he could not believe that your mother would pull off such an act as Aunt Yumi sighed while shaking her head. You kept silent all the while, listening to what the rest of your family has got to comment regarding this issue along with Ushijima, who was taking all this intently. The adults discussed when was the appropriate time to visit your mother and when your cousins were asked, Yuki looked elsewhere while Haru grunted with crossed arms. You did not notice your hand balling into a fist until Ushijima gave you a little squeeze, silently reminding you that he was by your side.

Having gotten out of the bathroom, you shuffled your way to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water only for Ushijima to call for you. He spread his legs open and patted a thigh, indicating for you to sit on his lap which you obliged as usual. Getting on his lap, you stranded yourself facing him and rested your head on his sturdy chest that never failed to make you feel safe. His chest rumbled when letting out a satisfied hum as his warm, large hand ran through your back to soothe your tensed muscles from the stress gathered these few days. You did not even bother to throw on bottoms because all you wore was a shirt that belonged to your boyfriend and a pair of panties. You were comfortable around Ushijima to dress like this. Hell, he has seen you naked and touched places on your body that no one else had permission to.

"What should I do, Toshi?" You broke the comfortable silence before a sigh left your lips. Ushijima looked ahead to gather his thoughts and the right words but you interrupted him, saying that he could say whatever was on his mind. "Just do whatever makes you comfortable, love." It was all that he said. Ushijima went on to bring up the stigma of children having to be filial to their parents no matter what they have done but certain things were not the case. You understood what he meant and you nodded as a sign that you took in his words. Uttering thanks to your boyfriend, you proceeded to lean up and plant a grateful kiss on his jawline, snuggling yourself closer to his warmth. His comforting touch followed after, feeling his finger going between the edge of your panties to get rid of the small fold before caressing your bare thigh which was enough to lull you to sleep.

That night, you have decided that you did not want anything else to do with that woman again.