Chapter 10

Carolyn loved her kids but sometimes she was more than ready to kill them. Derek had disappeared from Marks wedding without even a goodbye and long before they had cut the cake. So now, she was on her way to his house to give him a piece of her mind.

Pulling out her keys, she slipped the key for Derek's house into the lock and slowly pushed the door open.

"Derek!" She shouted as she turned to shut the door before stepping inside and walking into the kitchen where she placed her bag down. Carolyn waited for a reply but was met with silence as she moved throughout the house.

"Derek?" She shouted once more as she started moving up the stairs.

"Ma, what are you doing here?" Derek said all flustered as he pulled his top down over his head, looking all flustered as he headed down the stairs towards her.

"I came to see why you ending up leaving Marks wedding so early? I mean Derek, you left before they even cut the cake. What's wrong with you? Are you sick?" Carolyn said as she followed Derek into the kitchen.

"No, I feel fine. It's just, I don't like weddings, you know that." Derek grabbed three mugs out of the cupboard and started brewing a fresh pot of coffee.

Carolyn watched carefully as Derek poured three cups of coffee, confirming her suspicions that Meredith was indeed upstairs.

"I know you don't like weddings Derek but this wasn't just any wedding, this was Marks. Your best friends, forget that your brothers wedding." She smiled as she took the mug of coffee from him. "Thanks."

"Ma, did Mark send you here?" Derek watched as Carolyn shook her head as she sipped from her mug. "See, he probably didn't even notice I wasn't there, he was happy. He had Lexie, I was there for the important part, the exchanging of their vows. It's how it's going to be now, he has Lexie and I have..." Derek stopped himself as he sipped from his own mug.

"Look, I just came to make sure you was alright." Carolyn placed her empty mug down on the side and grabbed her scarf, wrapping it around her neck.

"Ma, I'm fine. For once I'm really happy." He smiled at the thought of Meredith upstairs in his room.

"Good." Carolyn smiled at him once more before heading out but stopping in the kitchen doorway to face him. "Tell Meredith I said hi and I expect to see you both for dinner next week." Carolyn tried her best not to laugh as she saw the shocked expression on his face.

Derek was completely baffled but he knew that he couldn't keep a secret from his mother. Nothing ever got round his mother.

He laughed to himself before moving to the cupboard to grab Meredith some breakfast. Piling up some chocolate croissants, fruit and her coffee before heading back upstairs. Slowly he pushed the door open and found Meredith still fast asleep. He was just glad that she was a deep sleeper and didn't wake when his mom came.

"Hey Mer." Derek said as he placed her breakfast down on the bedside table before climbing in next to her. His hands went to her hair as he started to run his fingers through it.

"Hmm." Meredith moaned as she rolled over and curled her still naked body into Derek's side. "Too early."

"It's nearly 11." Derek laughed he watched Meredith look up at him with wide eyes.

"It is?" She said as she held the blanket up against her chest as she sat up and leaned into his side.

"Yeah, here." He moved and grabbed her coffee before passing it to her as his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Amazing, thank you." She smiled at him as she took the mug off him and took a sip from it, sighing happily as the coffee ran down her throat. "I really don't want to go to work later." Meredith sighed.

"Work? Did you not get it off, I mean with it being your sisters wedding and everything?" Derek frowned as Meredith shook her head.

"Nope, but I did manage to get to go in later. So I'm on the overnight shift, lucky me." Meredith rolled her eyes before reaching over Derek for a croissant.

"Oh, I was going to ask if you wanted to go and catch some dinner together later but I guess we'll have to postpone. I could bring you dinner to the hospital?" Derek said as he took a piece of apple from the bowl and ate it.

"I would love that." Meredith cupped his cheek in her hand and brushed her lips against his. "The joys of being a surgeon."

"Trust me, being a lawyer isn't that great either but I mean at least I'm in control of my own schedule..." Derek laughed before gasping as Meredith playfully slapped his chest. "Hey." He grabbed her hand in his as he looked down to her, their eyes meeting and darkening with passion.

Meredith kept her eyes on his as she placed her coffee on the bedside table before moving to straddle his hips, the blanket falling from her chest leaving her exposed to his hungry eyes.

Biting her lower lip, she moved to kiss down his neck, pressing her chest into his as his hands moved down her back to squeeze her ass.

"My mom says hi." Derek said watching as Meredith pulled away and frowned at him.

"Why? Why would you mention your mom?" She shook her head as she stood up and wrapped the blanket around her body. "I mean what possessed you to talk about your mom when I'm here, naked and wanting to have sex with you...I...just...I'm going to shower." Meredith sighed as she headed into the bathroom and locked the door.

Derek sighed as he dropped his head back and ran his hands over his face. A click of the bathroom opening and he looked up to find Meredith standing naked in the door way.

"I'm still mad at you, I'm not sure what for..." Meredith crossed her arms over her chest as Derek laughed at her. "Look I want sex and I need you for that so, come shower with me." Meredith held her hand out towards him and smirked at him, her eyebrows raised.

Derek wasted no time in jumping out of bed and running towards Meredith, throwing her over his shoulder, causing her to giggle loudly as he slammed the door shut behind them.

"You're wearing too many clothes." Meredith pointed out as she slid down Derek's body until both of her feet hit the floor.

"You're right." Derek agreed stripping down out of his clothes and pulling her into his arms before moving into the shower together.

They knew how precious their time together would be with both of them being busy with their jobs. But it made times like this even more special as they really did indulge in every minute they got to spend together.

Them being together was their little secret for now, it was all theirs. No one interfering or giving their input. As much as Derek wanted to tell everyone he was going at Meredith's pace and wasn't going to rush her because she meant a lot more to him than anyone had ever done before.