Chapter 32

"Derek Shepherd, back in New York, I never thought I would see the day." Addison smiled as she hugged Derek lightly before stepping back.

"Yeah, well I'm only here for work, it's not like I wanted to be here." Derek laughed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Ah, that makes sense then." Addison laughed.

"What are you doing at the airport anyways? Been anywhere nice?" Derek asked.

For a brief period of time in college Addison and Derek dated but it just wasn't for them and called quits on their relationship but remain friends. They don't see each other often but they do keep up with one another with the occasional exchanging of texts.

"Oh, I just went to visit Naomi and Charlotte down at the practice. They are still trying their best to get me to join."

"Why won't you? I mean, it makes sense..." Derek shrugged.

"Henry is in school now, so I can't just pick up things and move. He is settled and has his friends here. Plus, Jake has his job up here so unless he was to get a job offer there then we couldn't go..."

"I get it." Derek nodded. "It would be the same with me and Meredith..."

"Who's Meredith?" Addison interrupted as she raised her eyebrows and titled her head towards him.

"She's my fiancé." Derek smiled widely at the fact that Meredith was now his fiancé.

"No way, Derek Shepherd has finally settled down..." Addison smiled before turning to the sound of a car horn beeping as she waved. "That's my lift, so I need to get going. It was good seeing you Derek."

"You too Addison." Derek and Addison hugged once more before she walked towards the car and climbed in.

Derek watched as the car drove off, leaving him alone again before he stepped into a cab and finally set off for the hotel.

                             *****************
Meredith woke up the next morning to the sound of rain hitting against her window, she smiled to herself as she curled into her pillow, as she found the sound to be rather relaxing. Sighing happily to herself, she rolled over and expected to find Derek still sleeping but the reality that he wasn't there hit again causing her to sit up and look around the empty room.

Before meeting Derek, she truly loved being alone but now he wasn't there she hated the silence that was currently consuming her. Deciding not to waste any more of her one day off, she pushed herself up a bit too quickly as her body swayed slightly.

"Woah." Meredith gasped as she found her balance once again before heading slowly down into the kitchen to grab herself some breakfast.

At first she started cooking herself some pancakes and bacon but the smell immediately caused her stomach to churn as the bile rose up her throat, leaving her no choice but to throw up in the sink.

No longer feeling hungry, Meredith dumped out the food before heading for her phone that had just started ringing from the other side of the room.

"Hey." Meredith groaned down the phone as she grabbed a glass of water before going to sit down.

"Hey, are you alright? You don't sound too good?" Derek asked her down the phone, the concern in his voice clearly evident.

"Hmm." Meredith mumbled as she ran her hand over her stomach as it started to churn once again. "I think I might have picked up a stomach bug from the hospital or something. I'll be fine though, don't worry. How's everything coming along?" Meredith took the glass of water and continued to sip at it as she listened to Derek.

"Yeah, everything is pretty straight forward so I should be home sooner then I hoped. Are you sure you're alright? I can get ma to come over to check on you or Lexie?"

"Derek." Meredith giggled slightly. "It's just a stomach bug, I'm a doctor, nothing I can't handle. I'm just going to go to sleep, try and have some toast, see I can keep that down."

"Alright, only if you're sure." Derek agreed but you could tell from the tone in his voice that he wasn't convinced in the slightest. "But if you're not better in the next few days then I want you to go and check out, alright?"

"I will." Meredith yawned. "Hmm, I'm going to go back to sleep, I love you."

"I love you too Mer." Derek replied before Meredith ended the call and placed her phone down on the table.

She truly felt her body was punishing her for working the hours she did and how hard she pushed herself. Deciding not tot fight it anymore, she dragged herself up to bed with her glass of water in hand as she approached their bedroom.

Placing her glass down, she headed into bathroom and pulled open the cabinet in the hopes of finding something that would settle her stomach. Her hand moved over the tampons before her attention was immediately drawn back and she felt her heart drop, panic completely consuming her.

She was late. Like really late.

*a/n*
I wrote this so quick and I'm not 100% I like but I really wanted to give you an update, so let me know what you think <3