15

I had sat for three hours in that rotted prison. Why aren’t these people giving me the food Jimin brought along with him? As per what I know, aren't prisoners supposed to collect it themselves from their relatives? Then why did they take it away from him? Sounds of keys jingling were heard, food plates were pushed inside the cell.

Gosh, it looks gross. As an instinct I covered my nose. “Where’s my food? My husband had given it to the authorities, didn't he?” She smirked at me. “Follow me if you want your meal.” What fuckery is she up to now? Without any further questioning I decided to follow her. What else could I do? They had my food. Me losing my temper could expose our long hidden secret.

Entering a dark room, my eyes ached at the extreme bright light. “Park Y/N you can’t take up extreme brightness can you?” Sparking the flashlight in my eyes, she played with my lunch box. “Give it to me.” Shielding my sight. I grit out in anger. “Not so soon, you gotta answer my questions first. Tie her up.” Forcing me to be seated on a chair they cuffed my hands.

“Why did you kill him?” Is she fucking mad or what? “I did not kill him! How many times do I have to repeat myself?” My face fell on the other side, at the rough impact her hand had left on my cheek. Be honest, it'll be easy for both of us. Why did you kill him?” Pursing my lips I quit speaking.

“You won’t speak up? Fine, then die here.” Emptying my lunch on the floor she chuckled evilly. “Treat her like a guest.” Tugging on my hairs, roughly my head fell backwards. A linen cloth was stuffed in my mouth muffling my screams. Fingers being clipped. “Until and unless you reveal everything this machine won’t stop.”

Intense sharp electric shocks were felt throughout my body. Tears stinged my eyes flowing down painfully at the inhuman torture these people were rendering on me. No matter what happens to me I won’t open my mouth and get Jimin in trouble then what we already are.

A little more affliction I can do this. My frame ached, energy totally drained. Since yesterday I hadn’t eaten or drank a drop of water. Today when I had the chance to feed myself. This witch stole it from me, wasting food.

One painful hour of electrifying prostration was passed to my body. My hands had surged cold, heartbeat slowing down its pace. “That’s enough for today. Sir has called me.” Side glancing at her, a shy smile was seen on her face. Who is this sir of hers? His identity doesn’t matter. That dude saved me from this heinous lady. Another shock and I’d probably have been dead by now. 

-1:30 P.M.-

Y-Y/N?” His lips shivered seeing my state. I could barely stand uptight. “What happened to your face? Your lips.” Touching them from behind the bars agonising tears shed from his eyes. I can’t see myself. Maybe my lip is bruised due to the violent repercussion of the slap from the previous day?

“How is my hubby doing?” Obscuring my pain and problems I tried sounding enthusiastic. But who was I kidding? He could read me like an unwritten novel. “Who did this to you wifey? I’ll tear them apart.” Clenching his jaw he leaned himself closer.

“Jimin, they are torturing me a lot. The food you brought for me yesterday. That lady officer threw it away and later inflicted electric shocks on me for an hour. Forcing me to speak the truth. In spite of me attempting to convince her I didn’t kill him. She’ll torture me again today. Save me Jimin, I can’t stay here for another second. I wanna run away from here.”

“What’s her name?” “I don’t know.” How would I know her name? I barely knew anyone in this hell hole. “I’ve hired a lawyer for you. The security of this prison is way too tough for me to break. They’ve set the first hearing for your case on the upcoming Sunday. I’ll make sure she won’t touch you rest free.”

From what aspect should I rest freely? These surroundings creep me out. She knows my fears, and phobias. Using it against me perfectly. It only points fingers at one thing. She’s well aware of who I am. A single word of guilt slipping out from my mouth is what she’s eagerly waiting for. “Chim, you’ll get me out of here right? She knows I’m afraid of extreme brightness.”

The fire in his eyes satisfied me. He won’t repeat his mistakes. Me suffering here is fuelling up his fury to eradicate every individual involved in our separation. “If I have to bribe lawyers and judges, so be it. I’d root up to any measures in order to remove you from here. Now go back and stay neutral as you are. Another person would be delivering food today. I’ll personally instruct them to hand it over to you. Have patience and trust me.”

Rubbing my knuckle he takes leave. How ridiculous has my life subsided into. There was a time when I would complain and tease him on how he couldn’t stay a minute away from me. Constantly calling and checking up on my well being. Today I have to wait for hours to meet him. With a particular time designated for him to visit me. Jimin once I’m out I'll give up on my hideous lies. Fake disliking all those calls you made. I wanna return to my old life.

Sitting in the same cell, with baggy torn clothes and a dull face. A masked person delivers food to me. “I’ve been sent over by the security team to give you this.” Nodding, I collect the box from him. Moist cascades my vision at the aromatic smell. “Eat nicely wifey. We’ll be together soon.” The little note stuck to the box melted my heart.

“Who sent you this?” This dumb fatso can’t shut her mouth for a second can she? “My husband. Got any issue with it?” She shook her head, diverting her gaze. Perhaps she wants me to share my food with her? Too bad, I ain’t no saint. They are served three times while I haven’t eaten for the past 2 days. Quickly finishing up the food, I hide the stick note in my clothes. It was a reminder he was here with me.

“Are you done?” The same person from earlier had stood in front of the cell. Without opening he fetches the box from me and disappears. A white envelope was kept in my hand. “Open it when you're alone.” Was what he whispered. Glaring at those chipmunks who watched my interaction with that guy. I truff that paper in my pants.

-TWO HOURS LATER-

These jail losers don’t even permit you to pee without the commencement of a break. WHAT THE FUCK? Hiding inside a smelly stall. Each and every washroom here stinked. I opened the letter. “Pretty people, pretty lies. Truth shines, nevertheless fallacy prevails.” Grinning wickedly at the scripture I tear it apart flushing it in the toilet. “Thanks Chim! For reminding me who we actually are.”