54

You heard me right, your wife cheated on you. Even before you got into a relationship with her. Did you ever bother imagining why Taehyung got so close with her after you introduced her to him? They were already in a secret relationship. Taehyung was really fond of her, so he approached her in sophomore year. Even before you did. After pursuing her for a month they started going out. Didn't he always warn you not to play with girls? Wasn't he enraged when he found out you were in love with a girl?

“And tried putting sense into your brain, it wasn't love. You can't fall in love in a second. It was because you freaking fell for his girl. She rejected you not because she despised your playboy nature. Rather since she was already in love with your best friend. Those months when you invested your time for her to reciprocate your feelings she was busy having her own life with your best friend. I didn't know of this entire thing either. Until one morning I came early to the campus. You might not know but we studied in the same university. I didn't bother indulging myself with people. Listening to hushed mutterings I couldn't stop myself from eavesdropping.”

-FLASHBACK-

“Why are you doing this Taehyung? Are you really giving up on me? Since you value your friendship above everything? I've been begging with you since the start to tell him the truth. He should know we've been together for a long time. Don't break my heart. Your friend is a great guy, he'll find a girl for himself I'm sure. But please don't end our relationship. You promised me you won't give up on us. You'll convince him to give up on me.

Hearing sniffles Sora gulped. Rumors of the playboy in love weren't anything unheard of. She didn't know the couple inside were referring to him. Peeking her head in, she got a glimpse of the male covering her mouth with his hand. I'm sorry love, I can't pull us out of this situation. He loves you, more than what I do. Please accept him. I'm selfish for asking you such a pathetic grant. Stop loving me, I'm not worth it. I couldn't fight for us. Jimin's love didn't permit me to do so. Let's be strangers from today.”

“You'll have to marry him and lead a beautiful life ahead of you. He'll treat you right, I'm affirmed of that. And who told you'd be alone on this journey? I'd be with you throughout the time. Making sure I gave up on you wasn't a wrong decision. Hugging you he wept in agony. I want us to be the one you've dreamt of.” Listening to your muffled and cracked voice he felt sad.

“Let me steal a kiss from you for the last time. I should be greedy for the warmth of my lover for a final time." Listening to the door creaking. Your attention went towards the entrance seeing a girl with glasses and books in her hands standing at the entrance. Who the hell are you? And why the fuck were you overhearing our talks?”

Pulling her inside the room. Your gaze burned holes in her body. She was scared for her life. “Y/N she didn't mean to eavesdrop. Forgive her. She won't reveal anything to him.”

“I can't trust her, look at her if she could stand all alone wondering what was the entire story she wouldn't take a second to go and tell him.” Cloaking your arm around her neck, you choke her. Taehyung was shocked at your action. “Y/N stop! You're gonna kill her.” Laughing evilly, you tighten your hold on her. While he was trying his best to free your grip from the unknown girl standing in front of him.

“That's the whole point of me doing this. Smaller mistakes give rise to bigger downfalls. I definitely don't wanna be a part of any future misfortune. Erasing errors in a paragraph is important. She's that unwanted error in my life.” Taehyung saw no option to stop you. He had to come up with something really quick.

“Set her free and she'll never appear in your sight or get closer to Jimin. I promise you that.” Noticing your hold loosening he pulled you away. Gesturing the girl to run for her life. Cupping your cheeks. Calm down, I don't want you to waste our last day with each other for some undeserving nuisance. Connecting your foreheads he spoke in a soothing manner. Sora was outside the room when she heard a squeaking moan. Scurrying away instantly.

-PRESENT-

And after that they did-” she paused debating whether to continue or not. "They made love?" Jimin's breath was shaky as he completed her unfinished sentence. “Yes they did. I ran away after hearing moans.” He couldn't process anything. There was no way Seora was lying. How could he forget the most important day of his life? You confessed to him, you were in love. It was all a compromise! She never loved me. Those feelings I felt and the night I spent with her was all a part of the deal both of them made to keep me happy.

Seora tried touching him. His body shook, with trembling lips. As he chewed on them. I need to go. Mumbling to himself he rushed out his pace was unbalanced bumping with the chair hurting his toes. It wasn't his concern. Sitting in the bus, your smiling face comes into his vision. The way you cheered him each time he felt himself lost.

If I was a concession to you. Why were you so generous towards me? Why did you choose to fall in love? You could have explained to me. I'd have given up and loved you silently. Without anyone's knowledge. Why now? Why did the past have to breach its root in our arduous present? Weren't all those destitution more than enough? Why is there another one spreading its wrath in our life?”

On reaching home, a distressed Taehyung was found pacing back and forth in the living room. Seeing him walk inside he jogged towards him hugging him. Where did you disappear? Me and Y/N have been hella worried about your well being. On your mention he found you sitting on the floor with a displeased expression on your face.

I went for a morning walk. Approaching you he held your hand, sitting on the couch. Were you worried for me?” Taehyung could feel the uneasiness in his heart. There was a huge storm about to rise and his guts shook. Jimin's body wasn't sweaty; he could feel the dampness on his cheeks. It wouldn't take anyone a second to realize he had cried.

“You can't even imagine how scared I was. We tried calling you. Why weren't you answering my calls? What if something happened to you?” Hitting his chest you cursed at his careless behavior. Seizing your wrist he stopped your moments. Gliding his right palm on your cheeks. Wiping away those tears. “Were you afraid of my disappearance or me finding out how you've played me all these years?” The male who stood in front of him was obviously beyond afraid now. Jimin had known everything.

“What are you referring to Jimin?” He chuckled. Pushing you down on the couch. What am I referring to? How can you put up with this facade for so damn long Y/N? Or should I say my lovely agreement wife? Was it fun lying to me all along? Making a joke out of my emotions? Did it satisfy your thirst? And how could I forget my dear best friend? Wasn't he the one who suggested you marry me? Accept my feelings since he felt I was the one for you. Giving up on his love later making love with her.

Noticing the sweat running down your forehead his thoughts were confirmed. Jimin, please listen to me first. He shook his head, trailing his fingers on your jawline. Didn't I promise you I'd forgive your past mistakes? Our present matters a lot to me. You love me the same way I do. So I forgive you.”

The hint of animosity that lingered in his orbs scared you. But- seizing your neck he pressured his thumb. Coughing out of suffocation you were beseeching him to free you.

“There's a minor issue here. Taehyung loved you, I love you. It ain't a very good thing is it? By staying with me you're hurting me. So I'll free you from all sorts of complications. Anyways, I love my soulmate a lot. Didn't you make me agree to that yesterday?”

Feeling no further movements from your body. He kissed your forehead, and proceeded to your neck where he could see the bruise of his ring and fingers.

“Rest well my love I'll forever love you. You shall be missed. And this time officially.