45

-AN YEAR AGO-

“Jimin, I'm hungry.” Laying on the bed your stomach grumbled out of hunger, not even being flustered at the weird noises it made. “Take over isn’t possible today, I’ll have to go out and grab us something to eat.” Grabbing his coat he wears it. “Guess I’ll have to get it all alone.” Pouting at the thought of him traveling alone to the nearby street he scurried out of the house in a haste. “Be safe.” Hearing your words he foolishly smiled to himself.

“Yo Jimin!” He was stopped midway by his fellow teacher from the dance academy. “What is this dude doing here? Isn’t he afraid I’m part of the deadliest killers on this planet currently?” Ignoring him, he quickened his pace. “Hey! I know you heard me.” Gritting his teeth he mingles between the hustled crowd muttering a few curses along his way. “Gotta wear this quickly.” Wearing his mask, he stands in front of the restaurant.

“What would you like?” A man in his mid 40’s asked. “Rice, chicken curry and 3 bowls of ramyeon please.” Noting his order down he gestures to him to sit. Jimin shakes his head. “Could you parcel it, I’m in a hurry currently.” The older man nods, walking off to the kitchen to get his food. Sitting on a stray chair he huffed breathing in.

“Finally got you.” A head popped in front of him making him grumble in annoyance. “What do you want? Aren’t you aware of the scandals I’ve caused these past months and how dangerous I could be for you?”

John’s eyes depicted fear for a second nevertheless he maintained his composure sitting opposite to him placing a table in between them. Resting his palm on the wooden berk he waits for his ex-colleague to speak. “I'm here to thank you.” Tilting his head he raised his brow. “And why is that?” John clears his throat. “I don’t know if you remember or not, but once you and Y/N had saved a girl near a dark valley I’m her brother.”

Remembering that time Jimin rubs his neck. A smile drew on his face. Eyes forming crescent moon shapes. “It’s fine and I hope your sister is doing well now.” The man from earlier gives Jimin a plastic bag. He pays the bill standing up. John held his wrist. “She’s g-good.” He avoids his gaze, which didn’t go unnoticed by him.

“And why the hesitancy though?” Leaving his grip he bows at him running out. “Strange.” He muttered under his breath. Walking back to his house.

Seeing a huge crowd on the way he was confused. “Excuse me, why is there a mob here?” Stopping a lady he queried. “House 203 was attacked and blazed on fire. Apparently the lady in that house along with the man were found dead.”

“203?” Jimin’s breath hitched running out to his neighborhood, the food in his hand long fallen. The lady he spoke to was taken aback picking up the plastic bag. Getting a clue of what might have earned this reaction from him.

Pushing past the crowd he stood in front attempting to dash in. Policemen held him in place while the fire was being tried to put off. “You can’t go inside, there's nothing in there.” They convinced him. “No you’re wrong my wife’s in there let me save her.” Thrashing in their hold he shoves them off, running inside. None dared to step in, fire had enveloped the entire house.

“Y/N I’m here where are you? I’ll save you, don't be afraid. Are you upstairs?” In the name of the staircase was a broken piece of ledge that was destroyed and cramped. His house no longer was a home, A lady's body was seen in the kitchen. His steps carried him to that spot, recognising that familiar locket in the neck. “No it can’t be.” Placing the burnt body on his lap he lost all his will to live. Neither was the face recognisable nor any of its features.