39

Jimin hopped with the ice cream in his hand, to you. On his way he noticed a kid sitting all alone in a corner, playing with the sand. He was confused? It wasn’t any new fact most kids aren’t able to make friends easily, but he found this child quite odd. Approaching him he bent down to his level with the ice cream in his hands. The little one lifted his head to see him with his hooded lashes. Sadness was written all over his face.

“Do you wanna play with me, little boy?” Tilting his head he battled his lashes in front of the kid. However his eyes were stuck on the delicacy Jimin was carrying in his hand. Jimin noticed the direction he was staring in. Chuckling nervously to himself.

“I got two ice creams even though she told me to get one. Should I offer him one? Unlike every other adult I’m hesitant to give one to him, though I can buy another one. Ugh! Park Jimin let him eat it. You can always run to that ice cream cart and buy yourself another one.” Making up his mind he showed off his teeth brightly to him, handing him the cone.

“Wanna eat this, I have this one.” Shaking his other hand he kept it on his palm. He gripped on it shyly, smiling. “Thank you Hyung.” Thanking him he licked the ice cream. “Do you really wanna play with me? No one likes playing with me.” Jimin rolls his sleeves up  helping him build his sandcastle. “Of course I want to play with you, after all you are my friend from today.”  The kid giggled jumping on him. Jimin carefully held onto him.

“Take it easy young man, you've got ice cream in your hand which you might spill on yourself.” Holding him in his left arm he booped his nose. “Sorry.” He sheepishly apologized. “It’s fine now tell me what is my friend’s name? You haven’t told me yet.” “It’s Ron, my mom calls me that.” Jimin pinched Ron's cheeks.

“You have a cute name just like your personality. So Ron, where are your parents?” He points his finger at a woman coming their way. “Mama.” The lady rushes to him. “Ron, how many times have I instructed you not to go far away from my sight? I apologize if he would have troubled you.” Bowing at him she carries him in her arms. Jimin shook his head.

“No you're mistaken, in fact I was the one who came here to play with him. Ron and I are friends starting today.” Ron held his pinky, shaking Jimin's hand. Jimin offered the other ice cream to her, feeling bad to have given nothing to her when he had already given his ice cream to her son. “Oh no you don't have to give it to me.” She denied being the adamant man he was and he made her accept it.

“I can buy myself another one to eat with my wife. You need this one now since you have to look after this angel right here.” Referring to Ron he explained. They were chuckling together continuing their conversation unaware of a pair of eyes watching them. Listening to comments that were passed by others.

“Such a lovely couple they are”
“Yes indeed, that man is crazily in love with her, it can be seen in his eyes.”
“It’s really rare to see such couples today.”

Those comments passed on Jimin were breaking you internally. “The man you’re referring to is my husband and that’s his sister.” Half heartedly you spoke. They were baffled by your proclamation. “Forgive us we didn’t know that.” “It’s fine.” Turning on your heels your head hung low, sparing them a final glance. Exiting the park without bothering to inform him.

Few minutes later Jimin was done talking and he bid his farewell to the mother-son duo. Rushing to you, to his surprise there was no one. “Excuse me, did you see a lady dressed in a beige trench coat sitting here?” The ladies nodded their heads. “Are you talking about that tall girl? She told us you are her husband when we mistook you and your sister as a couple.” She said embarrassedly.

Jimin’s eyes widened. “WHAT?” Without wasting a second he fidgeted his hand in his pockets removing his phone dialing your number, receiving no reply. Frustrated by you not answering he started running to your home.

On reaching he noticed the door unlocked, getting inside panting for air. His eyes scanned the living room. Hoping to see you, noticing no one he climbed upstairs twisting the doorknob to see you sitting on the bed with the laptop on your lap. Typing vigorously totally ignoring his existence. “Y/N that woman has no fault please don’t do anything to her. There’s nothing going on between us.” Silence lingered in the air.

“I’m serious, I was having a casual conversation with her. I saw Ron sitting alone in the park and decided to play with him. Later Maria came searching for him. She’s a single mother hence I was sympathizing with her. Don’t hurt her please.” His voice was pleading. You laughed bitterly, ceasing your finger movements over the keypad.

“Why would you think I'd do something to her? You think I have no morals to kill a mother and make a child orphan? Never knew you’d think this low of me Jimin, to assume I would envy ladies who hang around you to the extent I’d be least bothered to know who they are before acting up all rashly and ending them.” His breath caught in his throat.

“That’s not what I meant.” He hurriedly rushed to you, in an attempt to bring you in his embrace. On noticing you take a step back away from him his heart clenched.

“You wanna know what hurt me? It’s your assumption and image that I’ve built of myself in your mind. I was sitting like a fool in that park watching my husband interact with random people. It wasn't jealousy that I felt rather emptiness; she had something which I can never give you. To top it out, all those ladies in the park assumed you to be her husband and kept on gushing about what a cute couple you both were. She was lucky to have a caring husband like you. I couldn’t even lash out at them so I politely corrected their misunderstanding and stated that you were my husband and she was your sister.”

“You’ve always known how insecure I was of you being this desirable by every lady still I held it all in to not destroy our relationship. I fucking hate the fact you’re so damn desirable among all the ladies while me? Though I’m your wife I’m incomplete, lacking to give you a child. I’m infertile and today your happiness with someone’s kid proved to me I’m useless and unworthy to be your partner.”

Tears streamed down your face with each and every word you exclaimed to him. Jimin’s pupil dilated. “Calm down, listen to me please.” He inched forward. Raising your hand in the air you indicate to him to stop. “There’s nothing more to be explained or said I’ve seen enough. I want a divorce. Let’s end everything between us.”