46

“Jimin, where are you going?” Taehyung, who has been staying with him for the past year, asked. “You know exactly where.” Tying his shoelace he wears his cap. “Oh you’re done with your leave already? Let me drop you.”

Since the day he ran away from hospital Taehyung never trusted him again. “Fine!” He sat in the car, staring out of the window. For some reason he was happy to say the least.

“It’s nice to see you smiling.” The beam on his face grew bigger. “I feel really happy. I don't exactly know why. I just do.” Taehyung was happy seeing the personality changes Jimin had developed since his last visit to the amusement park.

“Call me once you’re done.” Rolling his eyes he shut the door close standing outside. “You sound like a possessive husband Taehyung. I'm a married man, you can’t hit on me.”

Taehyung laughed, winking at him playing along. Ignoring the fact he still addressed himself as a married man. He knew no matter what happens Jimin won’t ever agree to his wife’s death. He had learnt to accept that fact. As long as he does not do any blunder and harm himself. He could go on with the flow, couldn’t he?

“Welcome Mr Park.” The nurse greeted him. He bowed at her, wearing the apron handed to him. “So what’s the report today?” Scanning through the clipboard handed to him he wore his usual glasses flipping through files.

A month after your death he decided to take up a job in an asylum. Sure he didn’t have a professional degree nevertheless he could always volunteer and be rehabilitated to those patients suffering mentally and emotionless. That was what he had been doing for so long and hoped to continue doing it for the rest of his life. It was a way to assure himself he wasn’t going insane out of the guilt he was feeling.

“Ugh room no 117’s patient is causing havoc again.” Listening to the nurse grumble curse words at the person. “Stop hating on an mentally ill person.” Yelling he death glared at her. “Mr Park.” She shivered under his gaze. It wasn’t any unknown fact Jimin was the volunteer and also a major shareholder of their hospital. If today their hospital thrived and was a notable place it was all due to him. People knew he was ‘P’ or an ex killer. This place would have gone bankrupt if it wasn’t for Jimin stepping out to help them.

“Do your job properly or it wouldn’t take me less than a minute to hire new people.” She quickly bobbed her head rushing off to the other side. Making sure to never come under his observatory glance again.

“Nurse Seo, let's take a round. I wanna check over all my patients.”

Wearing his gloves and mask, Jimin did his usual rounding except in one place. The operating room where problematic patients were made to go through deliberate shock treatments. To him it was an act of inhumanity. Nevertheless he couldn’t go up to them and urge them to stop. How could he? It was a part of their treatment or that's what it’s been explained through the years of medical history.

Him being a widower wasn’t any unknown fact to any of them. Yet, none possessed the guts to be sympathetic towards him. They knew better than anyone. The man in front of them was way too ahead and powerful then compared to them. If not for his wealth his intellect was a strong weapon to end their existence completely.

“Dr Park,” Sora, the head doctor of the neurology department, stood up excitedly greeting him. “Good morning Dr Park.” Of everyone out there Sora was the only person to consider him as a fellow doctor and had also managed to make a place for herself in his heart. “Hi,” he smiled at her. “Take a seat.”