19

-THURSDAY- (FINAL HEARING)

“Park Jimin, do you have any evidence or a spokesperson to prove your innocence?” Jimin scoffed. “I wasn’t allowed to go out and collect proofs to justify my forthrightness. Your law isn’t fair.” Victor ignored his remark. “Your honour by your permission I’d like to present a really important victim in this case.” He grants Mina permission.

“Miss Choi Ryu, who’s also been a visitor to ‘P’s’ basement, would prove my allegations true.” Ryu stood in the witness box. Avoiding any sort of eye contact with you or Jimin. “Miss Ryu, what do you have to say to us?” She held the wooden bars. “Your honour Y/N had kidnapped me and held hostage in her basement. Because I had a crush on her husband. I repent to have loved a married man. But never did I ever try making a move on him.”

You snarled at her lies. “You always were behind my Jimin, stop lying.” Victor warned you not to interrupt. “Jimin has a laptop which has all the recordings of their murders. They didn’t kill me, rather they spared my life. Y/N told me I was a rare lucky soul since there’s no person who has come out alive from their deathly clutches. She threatened me to never show up in front of Jimin. I ran back home. Jimin has a pen drive which contains all their crimes. Please put them behind bars and save innocent citizens.” Ryu was yelling at the end of her exclamation.

Victor drafted a few points announcing his final decision. “The court has proven Park Jimin and Park Y/N to be guilty of several murders. And assaulting a female.” You looked at him shocked. “When the fuck did we assault Ryu?” Jimin had the same reaction as you. “Kidnapping and forcing your opinions on others is also a form of assault Y/N.” Mina retorted.

“By the end of this month they shall be hanged. Y/N can’t take an abortion due to health conditions. We feel sorry for the baby. Nonetheless since she's the one carrying it. The baby has no other choice but to face the consequences. Our government can’t risk providing a chance for another ‘P’ to be born. The case is closed.”

Thrashing his hammer on the wooden pad he concluded his decision. Jimin was void of any emotions. “Until their final termination day. High coded security should be provided in their cells. In order to avoid any mishap and further inconvenience.”

You were sent to two different prisons. “Y/N I love you.” He mouthed getting dragged away. “I love you too Chim.” You silently said in your heart.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Mina sat in her new cabin. Spinning her chair. “Being promoted is amazing. I love this seat. I love my job, Most importantly I love my money.” After solving such a mysterious case which none could have ever imagined was possible she was promoted to a higher rank.

“Didn’t I promise you Y/N? Your baby won’t survive. I completed my promise successfully. My final pawn Ryu helped me a lot in this game.”

-FLASHBACK-

Mina found out Ryu was present at the scene. She was standing in front of her apartment. “Choi Ryu.” She asked as a head peeked out of the door. Ryu noticed the police badge on her shirt, quickly attempting to close the door. Mina roughly held it.

“Playing with the law is not a good thing. Miss Choi.” Without her will she had to permit her in. Ryu forced her to spill everything and recorded her statements. Assuring her that she'd be given complete protection. She felt pity for the girl. “Come with me to court on the day of final hearing.”

Ryu was hesitant, nevertheless a voice in her encouraged her to do this and mess with ‘P.’ She wasn’t weak. She had always dreamt to overpower you. Now when she finally was offered a chance. There was no way she’d let it slip away just like that. She showed up at the court, hiding herself in the hearing as Mina had instructed.

Mina was indeed a witty lady, who acted carefully before implementing any of her actions. “Park couple, y'all are boomed. Who would save you now? None!”

Jimin sat in his cell, with a blank face. “How is Simon?” An officer passing by queried his colleague's health. “He passed away last night. His condition was fatal. Doctors had lost hope.” The former gasped. “He was such a diligent and hardworking officer.” Both of them shared sympathetic glances mourning over their friend’s death.

“Keep it low. I’m getting annoyed and irritated by your fake wailing.” Jimin spoke up. They glared at him. “You wouldn’t understand anything after all a criminal only knows how to kill. He’d never know what love actually is! I even doubt your marriage with Y/N is real. Is she really your wife? And not a side chick?”

The latter laughed at his friend’s assumption. “You have a point there Hwan.” Patting his shoulder he joined along, mocking Jimin. “Insult me but don’t ever utter a word against my wife.” Jimin’s voice was calm and composed. Indicating he was drained off his energy.

“What would you do? If we don’t?” Raising his head up he bluntly replied. “I’ll kill you.” It wasn't a threat. Rather a provocative confirmation he would do it. They gasped. You- What the hell will you do? You’re rotting in prison. Your ego hasn’t banished has it? You wait. Once Sir Ryan returns, you'll know your worth.”

Jimin laughed a scary laugh. “Ryan? That asshole I beat up to death last week? Isn’t he enjoying his stay in hospital? I’m sure he’s in a comatose state isn’t he?” They gulped with widened eyes. “I am ‘P’ the way I injure victims I can easily predict what their condition would be next. Want me to demonstrate?”

Ray banged on his cell. “Shut the fuck up. You can’t do anything to us.” Jimin grinned. “Actions speak louder than words. I’m one who seriously follows this.” Hwan was sweating, ushering Ray from there. He leaves that place. Afraid of Jimin.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Mina had come to visit you for a final time. “Your poor baby. It would have to suffer for your sins. I hate your kid. Its life is unwanted like you. Bloody criminals. Jimin will cry tears of blood. Bye Bye Y/N.” Waving her hand she locked your bastille. Your head was hung low, hidden in your palms. “Underestimating ‘P’ is your substantial blunder.”

-THE NEXT MORNING-

NEWS OF THE DAY: “Infamous murderer couple ‘P’ reportedly have escaped from their cell. Please stay safe in your houses. Shoot on sight order has been passed once more. A military force has been sent out to hunt them.”