Part ~ Thirteen

❣︎ Naomi's POV ❣︎

I was sitting with Nora, Heaven and a few others at our lunch table. I had been having a bad gut feeling all day. "Naomi, what's wrong?" Heaven sang. "Has any of y'all heard from Eli today?" I sighed. "No, I called him a few times but he didn't answer" Nora answered. "Same" I sighed.

"He probably over slept or something" Heaven suggested. "So, are you guys best friends again?" Nora asked. "We're working our way to it" I smiled. "That's cool" Heaven responded.

We went back to our regular conversations for the rest of lunch. "Ok guys, I tried to ignore it but I wanna call his mom to make sure everything's ok" I expressed with a concerned look. "Who? Elias'?" Nora questioned. "Yes" I answered.

I went to my contacts and searched for Elias's mother number. Once I found it I immediately called her. The phone ringed a few times but there was no answer.

"She didn't answer either" I said with a shaky voice. I was trying not to worry but I couldn't help it. "Well let's not think of the worst possible reasons" Heaven suggested in order to calm me down. "That's not like them though, especially his mother" Nora stated.

"Exactly" I mumbled before walking off. I went to the rest of my classes then to the principals office. "Hi Naomi, what's on your mind?" the principal asked.

"Uh...have you heard from Elias or his mother today?" I asked. "No, not today why?" the principal asked with a concerned look. Right then my phone rang. It was Elias's mother.

"Oh, wait never mind she's calling right now" I jumped in excitement and ran out of the principals office.

"Hi" I answered the phone as I walked out of the school. "Hi, Naomi" she responded but before she could say anything else I started talking. "I was trying to call Elias today about our project, but he wasn't answering so I was making sure he was ok" I explained. "Oh...no, he's not" she sighed.

"He's not? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked back to back. "Elias is in the hospital right now" she firmly stated. "Why?" I asked as my heart started beating faster. "He's suffering from a concussion and broken wrist" she softly told me.

"H-How?" I stuttered. "I don't know, he's not talking to anyone and he won't even tell me anything" she started to cry. "Can you come to the hospital? Maybe he'll tell you" she sniffled.

—————————

Elias's mom came to get me and take me to the hospital. Most of Elias's cousins and uncles were at the hospital. Elias's mom took me to his room. He looked worst then I imagined. Bruises all over his face and body. He even had a black eye.

"E-Eli?" I quietly called while walking closer. He slowly turned his head to look at me. I then saw his busted lip. "How did this happened?" I asked him but he just turned his head away from me.

"Please tell me" I pleaded. "Can you not talk right now? Are you on numbing medicine?" I asked but I still didn't get any answers. I sat in the seat beside the bed and sighed. "Well now I know why you weren't answering my calls" I sighed. "They stole it" Elias struggled to say.

I immediately stood up. "Your phone? They stole your phone? Who stole your phone?" I questioned but he went back silent.

"They stole my shoes, my watch and my chain" he continued a few seconds later. "Who?" I asked once again but he didn't answer. I waited a few minutes before walking back out.

"Anything?" his mother immediately asked. "He told me that they stole his phone, his shoes, his watch...and his chain" I informed his family. "Who's they?" one of Elias's muscular uncles asked. "That's the thing, he won't tell me who...he just keeps saying they" I explained.

"Do you know anybody who would do this to him?" his mother asked. "Well...there's a lot of people, specifically guys that don't like him but that's only because a lot of girls like him, so I don't think they'd do all of that for something like that" I answered.

"What about anybody he recently had an altercation with?" they asked. "No- well it's this one person but I know him and he wouldn't do anything like that" I answered. But he would send somebody to. "Uh, I think I might know something, hold on" I voiced before walking back into the room with Elias.

❣︎ Elias's POV ❣︎

Naomi came into the room for the second time. "Eli, I'm not trying to force you to verbally tell me who did this to you but can you at least give me some sign?" she asked. If I could sigh I would but it'll hurt. It even hurts when I breathe. Only some parts of me were numb.

"I'm tired, I'm going to sleep" I told her. "I thought you're not supposed to sleep because you have a concussion" she said. "The doctors said I couldn't sleep yesterday but I can sleep today" I explained. "Well I'm not leaving until you answer my question" she claimed. I turned around and ignored her.

I started slowly falling asleep. "Break his fucking wrist"..."You and your mom a bitch"... "These are nice shoes, did you're mommy buy them? I don't care, we're still taking them"..."Fucking momma's boy...pathetic".

I woke up drenched in sweat.

"Are you ok? Do you need something?" my mother rushed over to me. "No, mom I'm fine" I answered in a slight irritated tone. "Ok, I was just asking, no need to get snappy" she responded.

"Sorry mom. Where's Naomi?" I asked. "She's out there, I'll get her" she offered. A few seconds later my mother walked back in with Naomi.

"Yes? Did you want to tell me something?" Naomi asked. "Uh mom?" I spoke. "Oh sorry, you want me to leave? Ok, I'm going" my mother slowly walked out of the room. "What's wrong?" Naomi asked. "Do you...Do you think I'm a momma's boy?" I asked.

"Why are you asking that?" she questioned. "Look, you know me better then anybody, please answer the question" I sighed. "I mean...kind of...yea" she finally answered.

"Did somebody call you one?" she slowly asked. "No" I quickly answered, but I lied. "There's nothing wrong with being one" she claimed but I knew she was only saying that to make me feel better. "Whatever" I sighed.

"I have a question now" Naomi firmly stated. "Who did this to you?" she asked. "I-I don't know" I told her. I lied once more, I couldn't be that person...a snitch.

"I think you're lying" she expressed with her hand on her hip. "I'm not, they were random people that just wanted to steal my stuff I guess" I responded. "Whatever you say but just know, the truth always comes to light" she voiced before walking out.