Part ~ Twenty

WARNING: Triggering content; suicide

❣︎ Nora's POV ❣︎

"So...you fucked him but you didn't like him?" I asked Eli in a confused manner. "Uh yea, guys do it all the time" he laughed but soon stopped once he seen my face change. "That's not what I'm doing to your sister, I promise" he confirmed.

"It better not be" I glared at him. "It's not" he stated once more. "Anyways, you're not gay? You don't like guys?" I asked for clarity. "No, I just don't mind the gender identity of the person I fuck...that usually only applies when I'm real horny though" he explained.

"Oh? So that might be how I am" I said with a nervous smile. "I don't think so, the way you describe Zoe is as if there's more then a physical and sexual attraction" Eli responded. You're right.

"You think?" I sarcastically asked. "Maybe you're in denial or need more time to figure yourself out" he suggested.

"Maybe" I sighed as I leaned back against the couch. "Eli, are you ready?" Naomi asked while walking down the steps. She was wearing a short, blue, sparkly dress and heels.

Eli immediately stood up. "Baby! You look amazing" he expressed with a shocked look. "Thank you" Naomi nervously chuckled.

"And you smell wonderful" Eli continued as he hugged Naomi. "Aw, you're too sweet" Naomi responded as she gave him a kiss. I gagged. Yuck!

The two started laughing at me. "Oh stop" Naomi laughed. "No you...stop" I said while scrunching up my face. "You're too much" she smiled as she fixed my hair. "Ok, ok! Now get out of here you two, have a good time but not too good" I told them.

They looked at each other then back at me. "Sure" Eli responded. Naomi slapped his back. "I'm just kidding" he nervously laughed.

—————————

I woke up to multiple missed phone calls and text messages from Zoe and a few unknown numbers. It was 7:15 in the morning and the messages were from 2am. I scrolled through the messages from Zoe first and my heart sank as I read them.

'NORA PLEASE ANSWER MY CALL'
'I need someone to talk to'
'Nora please answer it's important'
'Please wake up'
'I love you'

Those were the last five messages she sent me. I immediately tried to call her but she didn't answer. I called a few more times before calling one of the unknown numbers that texted me 'call me' a few hours ago.

"Hello! Is this Nora?" the person immediately answered. "Yes, who's this?" I questioned. "Zoe's roommate..." she answered. Roommate? Before she could say anything I quickly asked another question.

"What's wrong with Zoe?" I asked. The girl on the other end of the phone started crying. My stomach began to hurt. "What's wrong with Zoe?" I asked once more with a shaky voice.

"I don't know, they're not telling me everything" she continued to cry. "Telling you everything about what? What happened?" I questioned her. "She...she overdosed" she struggled to say.

"She was unconscious when the paramedics got here and when they were leaving I h-heard...I heard one of them say it was too late" she sobbed.