Part ~ Thirty

❣︎ Elias's POV ❣︎

Naomi and I had been home for a week now. It was around five in the morning. I had to be to work early today for an important meeting. I was in the kitchen making myself breakfast.

I heard footsteps slowly coming down the steps. "Eli?" I heard Naomi softly call my name. "Yes, love?" I answered with a concerned expression. It wasn't normal for Naomi to be up this early.

"I think I got food poisoning from that new restaurant we ate at yesterday" she explained as she walked into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" I questioned. "I don't feel so good" she softly answered, laying her head against my chest. "Your stomach?" I asked for clarity. She shook her head yes.

"And I just feel so weak" she whined. "Come sit down" I suggested, pulling a chair out for her at the kitchen island.

"Here, drink some water to flush your system" I said, giving her a glass of water. "Thank you" she sighed as she laid her head down. "You're welcome, go ahead and drink it love" I told her.

"I will, I'm just tired" she yawned. "Do you want me to stay home from work today?" I asked Naomi. "No, baby you can go to work. You have that meeting today" she answered. "Yea but if you don't feel well, I want to stay home and take care of you" I expressed.

"Yea but-" she started to reply before getting up and running. "What's wrong?" I questioned while following her. Naomi ran into the nearest bathroom. She immediately kneeled at the toilet and started throwing up.

I ran towards her and held her hair back while patting her back. A few seconds later, she finished and I wiped her mouth.

"Eli, my stomach hurts" she whined, falling against me. "I know love, do you want to take some medicine?" I asked her. "Ew, I hate medicine" she quickly responded.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" I questioned. "Ew, I hate hospitals" she answered. "Ok, well then I'm not going to work today" I spoke. "But you can't miss the meeting" she responded.

"I can't leave you here like this either" I expressed, rubbing her stomach. "It's fine, I'm fine. Look see" she claimed while trying to sit up and smile.

"You're not" I stated. "Thanks for the support" she rolled her eyes. "I'm not sorry that I love you and I won't leave you alone, knowing you're not well" I responded.

"Mrs. Thompson?" she questioned. "What about Mrs. Thompson?" I asked. "She can keep check on me throughout the day while you're at work" Naomi suggested. "That's only if she wants to" I sighed.

I was on the phone explaining to Mrs. Thompson what was going on with Naomi. She was an older woman who lived next to Naomi and I.

"Of course I'll come over. I'll be right there so you can go to work, I'll even make Naomi my nutritious soup" Mrs. Thompson happily said.

A few minutes later, Mrs. Thompson knocked on our front door. "Thank you so much. Naomi is so stubborn at times, you're really a big help" I spoke. "Of course, I love you guys" she softly laugh. She's the sweetest.

"I'm surprised you're up" I admitted. "Yea, well you know the early bird gets the worm. And you're still so young, you have lots to achieve in your life" she responded with wise words.