Part ~ Thirty Six

❣︎ Naomi's POV ❣︎

I had just finished putting Noella to sleep when I heard a knock at the front door. I put a blanket over Noella and kissed her forehead before heading downstairs. Eli was at work and I wasn't expecting anyone so I wondered who could be at the door.

I opened the door a little and saw my sister. "Oh hi, I wasn't expecting you today. It's good to see you" I smiled while opening the door all the way. Nora looked at me with a weird look and baggy eyes.

"Or not..." I gestured her inside. She walked in and kept giving me a psychopath stare. I'd never seen her look the way she did right now and I was more then concerned for her.

I closed the door then my phone began to rang. It was Heaven calling so I answered. "Hey" I answered. "I think somethings wrong with your sister, she came over here a couple of hours ago and gave me keys which was random. Not only that, she kept giving me this edgy psychotic stare and I didn't even do anything to her. I'm telling you this because I think she's on her way to your place" Heaven spoke.

"Yea...it's a little too late" I slowly announced. "She's already there? Is she giving you the same look?" Heaven whispered through the phone. "Uh...yea" I whispered back without realizing I was whispering.

"Ok, now don't panic, but I think she killed Zoe" Heaven suggested. "Girl what? You've been watching too many of those documentaries" I laughed to myself.

"I'm serious! When I asked her how Zoe's doing she gave me this look that scared the shit out of me and then when she left I called Zoe a few time but she didn't answer..." Heaven explained. "Please, that doesn't mean Zoe's- I-I mean..." I started to speak but Nora locked eyes with me and gave me this look.

"Shut up! Why would you say her name? She's probably gonna kill you next" Heaven shouted. "Heaven shut up!" I told her. "You know psychopaths don't usually hesitate to kill their family members" Heaven continued talking.

"Heaven shut up or I'll hang up" I threatened. "It's ok, once Chris gets here we'll drive down to you guys" Heaven said. "You're going to drive three hours for your paranoia?" I questioned. "Yes and it's not paranoia" Heaven responded before hanging up.

I put my phone back in my pocket. "That was Heaven?" Nora questioned in a suspicious manner. "Uh yea, just Heaven" I nervously laughed. "What did she tell you?" she took a few steps closer to me. "Nothing! She just wanted to see h-how Noella was doing" I obviously lied.

I then went to grab Noella, taking her into the room with me and closing the door.

—————————

It wasn't long before Eli was back home and Heaven and Chris were now here. I think everybody was overreacting a bit, Nora would never kill anyone, especially Zoe.

We all stood around the couch, watching Nora sleep. Maybe we were the psychopaths.

"Nora" Heaven whispered from a distance. To my surprise, Nora woke up a few seconds later. She looked around at us before rolling her eyes and pulling the throw blanket over her face.

"Nora, we're a bit concerned about you..." I started to express. "Ok" she responded in a disregarding tone. "Did you kill Zoe?" Heaven abruptly asked.

"Heaven!" the rest of us shouted. "What? We weren't going to find out anything with Naomi talking" Heaven folded her arms. I rolled my eyes at Heaven.