Part ~ Fifteen

❣︎ Nora's POV ❣︎

"You're home late" I startled Naomi while sitting in the dark. She closed the front door and walked over to me. "Isn't it past your bedtime?" she asked while rubbing my head. "Watch the hair" I told her while smacking her hand.

"And no, it's not because I no longer have a bed time" I voiced in response to her question before sticking my tongue at her. "What are you? Five?" she laughed.

"Why are you acting so boring? What were you out there doing?" I was suspicious of her. "No, I'm not" she giggled. "Yea...you definitely did something you wasn't supposed to" I stated while walking away. "I wouldn't say I wasn't supposed to do it...was it the smartest thing to do? No. Am I going to do it again? Hell yea" she expressed.

"Naomi! What did you do?!" I ask as I turned back around. She looked at me started laughing. "What? Was it that bad?" I questioned with a smile out of curiosity. "No, that's why I'm going to do it again" she winked before making a familiar face.

"Oh, I know what you were doing...you were fucking" I sang. "But who were you fucking is the question" I continued. "None of your business" she said.

"Whatever, I'll find out because I always find things out" I stated. "Anyways, I feel better now" she sighed with a smile. "Ew! Because of dick? I could never" I responded.

"What do you mean by that?" Naomi asked with confused looked. "Nothing" I quickly answered before rushing to my room.

—————————

I was currently in my third period with my head down. Everybody was doing group work. I was already done since I did my work independently. "Noraaa" I heard a voice sang.

I knew exactly who it was and rolled my eyes. "Yes, Zoe" I responded with a forced smile. "How's your day going?" she asked as she gave me a suffocating hug.

"Fine. Now stop, you're gonna mess up my hair" I complained. "You always have to be a big baby" she teased while poking me. "Can you stop?" I asked while grabbing her finger.

"If you want me to" she slowly said while running her finger across my thigh. "Uh, it's a little hot in here right? I'm just gonna go stand by the windows" I nervously laugh while stumbling into the desk and chairs.

"Do you want to play a game?" Zoe questioned while following me. "We're in class Zoe, don't you have work to do?" I asked. "No, I finished it" she answered. "I have a question, why are you always annoying me but nobody else?" I asked.

"Because I don't like anybody else in this class, but you're cool, you're smart, you're funny and you- wait...you think I'm annoying?" she softly asked.

"Well I-" I began to talk but she cut me off. "Fine, you don't have to worry about me being annoying to you anymore" she walked away. "Wait, Zoe that's not what I meant" I expressed but she kept walking.

Once class let out I walked over to Zoe and her friends. "Zoe, can I say something?" I asked her. "Sorry, I can't talk right now. I wouldn't want to annoy you" she smiled. "Ok, fine whatever" I rolled my eyes. "Fine!" Zoe spoke. "Fine!" I emphasized as her friends kept turning their heads to watch us go back and forth.

I was sitting with my sister and friends at our lunch table. "Aw, what's wrong Nora? You've been seeming a little down all lunch" Heaven asked, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Did you get in a little fight with your boyfriend?" one of them teased. "I don't have a fucking boyfriend and I never will have a fucking boyfriend, so stop putting me in a context with a boyfriend!" I snapped.  Everyone at the table stopped what they were doing and looked at me with a surprised look.

"Well damn, who hurt you?" they asked. "Forget it" I got up and walked away. I walked around in the halls for a while until I heard an intriguing conversation.

"Yes I'm serious, they told me that he was in the hospital" I heard a voice say. "I told you guys to rough him up a bit, not send him to a fucking hospital" I heard a familiar voice whisper. Tristan.

"Well what if he comes back and he snitches?" one of them asked. "He wouldn't do that" Tristan replied. "How do you know? We could be expelled and I'll lose my scholarship" the frightened turd whimpered.

"Shut up ok? I just know he wouldn't" Tristan said. I tried to quietly turn around but I ran into something, rather someone standing directly behind me. One of Tristan's friends.

"Maybe he won't, but she will" his friend said while carrying me to them. "Put me down" I demanded while kicking and elbowing him until he dropped me.

"What is going on out here?" a teacher asked as she walked by. "Nothing" Tristan smiled at her while also giving me a look to stay quiet.

The teacher looked a bit concerned but continued walking anyway. Bitch. "You know we don't like snitches Nora" Tristan whispered. "Yea I get it, bitches don't like snitches blah blah blah...anything new?" I rolled my eyes.

"Did she just call us bitches?" Malcolm asked. "Yes I did Malcolm, oh and by the way I seen your mother at the mall the other day...now might be a good time to tell you she's cheating on your father...you can ask Tristan how to break it to him, he's knows all about cheating" I explained.

"What is she talking about?" Malcolm questioned. "In fact, did he tell you guys about what happened between him and Elias?" I asked. "What happened?" they all asked. "Ignore her, she's clearly doing this for attention" Tristan nervously said.

"No, I'm not Tristan, you don't have to reflect your problems on others all the time" I responded. Tristan looked at me speechless and irritated. I'm not scared of him so I could care less.

The bell ringed as people filled the hall, soon becoming crowded as I walked away from them.

—————————
*a few days later*

I walked into third period with a small bag of candy, chocolates, two roses and an 'I'm sorry' card. I walked by Zoe's table and sat it in front of her with no context.

I went and sat at my table and started my work. Once I was done I put my head down. A few minutes later I felt someone touch my arm. It startled me so I jumped up. "Relax, it's just me...Annoying Zoe" Zoe said. "Zoe, I said I was sorry. What more do you want me to do?" I sighed.

"I was coming over here to say I accept your apology and give you this" she stated while handing me something. "Oh...a rock...on a chain" I awkwardly smiled.

"You sound ungrateful...it's not just a rock, it's ancient and it's worth thousands of dollars" she claimed. "And you know this how?" I asked.

"Because that's how much the collectors were going to to give me if I gave it to them, but I kept it because I know you like rocks and it looks like something you would like...so I turned it into a necklace" she explained. "R-Really? Thank you" I smiled at her thoughtfulness.

"You're welcome" she responded as she reached out to give me a hug. As she pulled away from the hug, she gave me a kiss on my cheek before quickly walking back to her table. I heard her friends giggle.

In that moment my heart felt like it was on fire but in a good way. I couldn't contain the big smile on my face. But what did it mean? Why was I reacting like this?