Part ~ Thirty Seven

❣︎ Elias's POV ❣︎
*a month and weeks later*

I yawned, waking up from my phone alarm. After turning the annoying sound off, I rolled over to face my beautiful daughter and the woman I would call my wife in just a few hours.

It had been a month since I proposed to Naomi on one of our date nights. We finally got a night to ourselves when Nora offered to watch Noella and I enjoyed every second of it...every second with my beautiful fiancé.

On the other hand, Nora was doing much better then when her and Zoe first broke up. She no longer cries as much as she once did, we've got it down to one or two times a day. That's still quite a lot but not as bad when you consider how long they dated.

I still wanted to find out more about the night that caused all of this heartache but Jax always seems too busy to talk...almost like he's hiding.

Enough of that for now, today was mine and Naomi's day. I sighed and got out of bed. As I walked down the hall towards the bedroom Nora claimed, her alarm grew louder and louder. I opened the door, knowing she was somehow still sleep.

I walked through all of the clothes on the floor in order to reach her bed. The phone was right beside her, with the alarm going off. Nora's head was covered with a pillow as she was still sound asleep.

"Nora" I called in attempt to wake her up. Nothing. I reached for her phone and dismissed the alarm, causing her wallpaper to appear. Nora still had her and Zoe as her wallpaper.

"Nora, get up. We have to get ready" I spoke louder. Nora was one of my groomsmen along with Chris. A groan left her mouth as she turned her head.

"Get up" I laughed. "Five more minutes" she mumbled. "No, we need to get ready now" I removed the pillow that was covering her head. Her loose curly hair had grown out a bit but she still kept it shaped up nicely.

"I don't understand why we have to wake up early and leave..." she sat up and spoke with her eyes closed.

"Because all of your sister's friends, including your ex are meeting up here to get ready" I explained. Nora eyes opened at the mention of Zoe. "I think I should just stay here" Nora softly smirked.

"Why? So you can see Zoe?" I teased. She shook her head yes as I threw a pillow at her. "I haven't seen her in almost two months, you can't blame me" she expressed.

"You'll see her at the wedding dude, chill" I stated. "Yea, but it's not the same" Nora sighed. "There'll be too many people there and I'll barely see her" she further explained. The realization that Nora and Zoe hadn't seen each other in such a long time hit me.

They both had changed.

Zoe had dyed her hair a lighter brown. She's more straightforward, bold, communicates better, got a promotion at her job and even got her first tattoo. Her, Naomi and Heaven all got matching friendship tattoos.

Meanwhile Nora displays her nerdy side once again. I missed it and her sister did too. Nora let her hair grow out a little and got a few more tattoos on her arm and neck, nothing too major.

—————————

"Ok, all of the bridesmaids are here! We need to practice how everyone is walking out before Naomi. If anyone messes up my best friend's wedding there will be consequences!" Heaven shouted.