Part ~ Twenty One

❣︎ Nora's POV ❣︎
*a few weeks later*

"Wait! I don't want to go in anymore" I announced as I ran back to my mom's car. "Nora! Get back here right now! Ava is already in there waiting for you and poor Zoe has probably been wondering where you've been" my mother voiced.

"Can you just go and tell her I said hi" I asked while getting back into the car. "Nora, Zoe is your friend. What are you scared of?" my mom asked me.

"I just don't think I'm ready to see her yet" I answered. "You just made me drive an hour to get here and now you want to tell me that?" my mother questioned whilst trying to pull me out of the car.

"No" I whined. "Yes, come on" my mother responded. A group of people walked past us and stared at us with a concerned look.

"Fine I'll go, but only because these people probably think we're crazy" I whispered as I got out of the car.

Once Ava and I checked in they showed us to Zoe's room. "Yea, you can go ahead I think I'll just stay here" I told Ava. "No, we're not doing this again Nora" Ava responded.

"What do you mean again?" I nervously laughed. "You say this every day we try to come see Zoe and now you're finally here, so at least just say hi" she suggested. "Fine" I sighed.

Ava and I walked into the room. There was nobody in the room. "Zoe might be in the restroom or something, let me check with her nurse" the lady said before walking out of the room. The door shut out of nowhere followed by me being tackled to the ground.

Zoe had me pinned against the ground while sitting on top of me. "So you weren't going to visit me?" she questioned. "I...I-" I stuttered. "Huh?" she asked.

I noticed Ava in the corner laughing. "Zoe I-" I tried to explained. "You what?" she asked, trying to hold her laughter in. "I'm sorry?" I questioned. "You don't know if you're sorry or not?" she finally laughed as she got up off of me.

Ava and Zoe gave each other a high five while continuously laughing. "Hey! You guys set me up" I frowned.

"Sorry Nora. She begged me" Ava admitted. "I did" Zoe agreed. I finally stood up but was pushed onto the bed when Zoe tackled me once more but with a hug. "I missed you" she squealed before attacking me with kisses on my forehead and cheeks.

"Uh...I'll wait outside" Ava awkwardly said before walking out of the room. I sat up causing Zoe to straddle me. "I missed you too" I softly voiced while laying my head against her chest.

"Then how come you haven't come to see me these past few weeks?" she quietly questioned. "Trust me, I wanted to but I've just...I've just been feeling guilty about what happened" I explained.

"Why? Nora, it was not your fault, it had nothing to do with you" she expressed. "That's what everyone keeps saying but maybe if I answered your call-" I began to ramble. "No. Nora, it wasn't and still isn't your fault" she said once more.

"Zoe, why? Why'd you do it?" I softly and quietly asked. She sighed and looked away from me.

"Don't tell Ava because she doesn't even know but, she's getting adopted soon. Leaving me in that foster home by myself because nobody else there gets me. My birth mom left me on some random steps when I was born to go live her life child free. When she found out I knew who she was she...she moved to another country. No one has track of her anymore" she explained as a tear streamed down her face.