Part ~ Thirty Eight

WARNING: Dialogue about sexual assault.

❣︎ Elias's POV ❣︎

You would think that maybe after the moments Nora shared with Zoe at the wedding she'd have some type of closure and things would be easier. I guess I was wrong because things were indeed worse.

They even shared a dance together but I guess I should've known that would make matters worse afterwards.

"Nora! Nora, open the door" I knocked on the room door multiple times. There was silence. "Come on, you've been in here for two days now" I sighed as I lightly knocked on the door. Naomi look down the hall at me pleading for Nora to come out of the room.

"I'm starting to get worried, maybe you should break the lock and go in" Naomi suggested with a worried look.

I shook my head in agreement. I went to get my tool kit from the closet. As I approached the room door with my tool kit, I noticed the door was opened. I walked inside the room to see Nora resting her head on Naomi's shoulder.

"...I just wanna see her again" I heard Nora softly speak.

"I know sweetie, but you can't lock yourself in a room, starve yourself or stop interacting with others because it's not healthy" Naomi responded in the same tone as Nora.

"Yea! And we missed you of course" I interfered as I laid on the bed next to them. Nora looked down at me with a small smile on her face.

"We know you're going through a lot but we need to be able to check on you and you still have to take care of yourself" Naomi kissed Nora's forehead after her statement.

"Promise us" I said holding my pinky finger up.

"Ew, you still do those?" Nora laughed a little. "Yea and so do you, do it" I told her, insisting she and I picky swear. Nora sighed before wrapping her pinky around mine. "Don't ever tell anybody I just did that" Nora spoke right after.

"Aw come on, it wasn't that bad" I laughed. "Yes, yes it was" Nora stood up and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Naomi questioned. "I'm gonna try to eat something" Nora spoke as she turned around to face us.

"Try?" I repeated in a question. "Yea...I might throw it up" Nora smiled, it wasn't a happy smile though, rather a worried smile. Nora left Naomi and I in the room alone.

"I'm worried about her..." Naomi started to speak. "She's going to be fine love, I promise" I pecked her lips and reassured her. "I hope so. You know, I actually miss seeing her happy with Zoe" Naomi admitted. I stood up and grabbed her hands, pulling her up with me.

"Me too, that's why I'm finally going to talk with her friend Jax today" I said in a more quiet tone. "So he finally stopped chickening out" Naomi scoffed.

"Yea, but I'm going with Chris just in case he tries something weird..." I trailed off.

"Something weird like what?" Naomi laughed. "You and Heaven need to stop watching those serial killer and detective documentaries" she continued. "There is nothing wrong with being cautious" I calmly spoke.

"Whatever, I'm going to go make some breakfast" Naomi continued to laugh on her way out of the room. I followed behind, then parted into our bedroom to get ready.