𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH AND TRAUMA

Saturday, December 21st:

She was running through the dark forest.

She was almost out of breath but she kept going.

She was giggling as she ran through the tall trees. Her soft slippers became soaked as she trudged through the white snow, she ignored how numb her little toes became.

She had been looking through this forest for a while now. She snuck out of the house through the back door without her mother seeing. It was only 9 pm on a cold winter's night and her mother was too busy in her office to notice her disappearance.

The moon shined on the pathway that held frozen snow. Her footsteps only increased as she walked further into the home that belonged to many creatures.

"Daddy, where are you?" she groaned as she looked around clutching her dressing gown closer to her chest, she loved the cold, always had, but the weather had been a lot colder than previous years.

The crisp air made the hairs at the back of her neck stand, while goosebumps travelled their way through her small frame and appeared on brown flesh.

She huffed when she didn't hear a response and continued to explore. The birds were asleep, resting their voices so they could sing in the morning. Little shuffles of movements came from high in the sky.

When the wind picked up causing the snow that attached to the branches to fall against the hood of her fluffy robe.

She stumbled over the huge log that was in her way, narrowing her eyes at the object before kicking it so it rolled away. She grinned as she watched its retrieving figure.

As she continued her journey the sounds of the twigs gradually breaking reached her ears, the forest floor was full of them.

The little girl was slightly overwhelmed by the vast area. But she embraced the feeling, it was a few days until Christmas day and she couldn't wait to spend it with her family.

Her house was full of bright lights that livened up the decorations that kept the furniture and walls company. She felt so giddy, so excited she wanted the magical day to hurry up and arrive.

She couldn't wait for her father to come home; For him to give her a huge hug that he promised he would embrace her once he returned. He was only gone for a couple of days on a business trip, but it felt like an eternity for the little witch.

She somehow felt drawn to the huge forest that lived near her humble abode.

She occasionally played there, observing the woodland creatures that called it home. She would sometimes see over fantastic beasts but they would shy away from her, worried that she would harm them.

She slowly built up a friendship with some of the beasts after they realized she wasn't as big of a threat as the other villains that walked amongst them.

She liked the wildlife, she believed why should you be scared of the unknown when you discover and learn from it.

For some reason, she felt like she was beaconed towards the forest as an invisible force pulled her there. So she left the warmth that encased her home and began to wander through the forest

Luckily the parted trees that stood tall helped her keep on the right path, not like she tried to drift from the trail of thick snow.

She knew how dangerous it was to be outside during this time of night, yet her mind allowed her to leave her manor, almost like she was compelled to come here.