𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤

Sunday, September 1st 1995:

EDGE OF THE FORBIDDEN FOREST:

The new school year had just started and everything seemed off.

The Hogwarts express journey, the prefect meeting and even the sweets on the carts.

Artemis felt like she wasn't fully present in anything she was doing. She contributed to conversations that took place during the drowsy meeting, although Draco had to keep nudging her to check to see if she was okay.

She was also annoyed she was surrounded by people she disliked. She couldn't believe that Ron was a prefect as well as Pansy. At least with Pansy, she could slightly understand, but the fact that he was picked and not Nevile was truly shocking. Artemis and Hermoine were staring each other down, the former founding pleasure in the distaste on the Granger witch's face when she had discovered that she was also a prefect.

But the Gryffindor witch wasn't the only person who stared at her. Pansy had kept trying to get her attention, whether it was through a smile or a wave. Artemis ignored all her advances because she found them extremely disturbing and annoying.

After they had all exited the train, the pureblood 5 had started walking through the forest and towards the carriages.

They were all matching: the boys wearing their renowned black suits, meanwhile, the girls adorned longsleeved dresses that stopped before their knees and clung to their figures. The ankle boots they wore, boosted their height by a few inches, allowing them to come close to the boys' shoulders.

Draco scoffed when he noticed that the golden trio were close to him, his eyes narrowed onto the back of Harry's head as they all grew closer.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter," he spoke maliciously

"Can't this wait until the morning?" Theo muttered and then nudged Artemis who seemed to be in a daze. The Nott wizard had noticed that she had been zoning in and out of their conversations and he had grown worried, "are you alright?"

"Yeah," she nodded absentmindedly, shooting him a forced smile, before catching up with her boyfriend.

Theo watched her walk away and made a mental note to keep checking in on her.

Draco stalked closer to Harry, causing Hermoine to back away and clutch onto her briefcase, "You better enjoy it while you can, I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it."

Having enough of his taunting, Harry quickly lunged at him, but Artemis pulled Draco away, whilst Ron mirrored her actions and held back his best friend.

Draco eyed the Potter boy in disdain, "What did I tell you, complete nutter!"

"Just stay away from me!" Harry shouted, seeming stressed and irritated.

Artemis dragged her boyfriend away, staring up at him tiredly. She heard Blaise, Theo and Daphne laugh behind them.

"Was that really necessary" The Seramore witch questioned, feeling exhaustion take over her body.

Draco stared down at her, "Haven't you seen what he's saying in the Daily Prophet?" he asked in a hushed tone, knowing full well that she had, "Dementors in a muggle town, complete rubbish, he's making it up, all for attention," he paused, "he shouldn't even be here, I don't why he isn't expelled."

"There is nothing that we can do about that," she mumbled.

And that was when he caught her tired tone. His eyes widened with worry, "are you okay?"