𝐢𝐱. 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬

Tuesday, January 6th, 1992

LIBRARY:

The new School term had started up and thankfully for the rest of the week, Artemis had no lessons, unless she was counting midnight astronomy lessons, which she and Draco occasionally went to.

The witch luckily bounced back from her annual Christmas trauma and decided it would be better for her to study and keep herself busy so she wouldn't have to deal with what was going on in her mind.

She was currently sitting in the library trying to perfect some of her charms while doing some other research. Her favourite lesson was potions at the moment, however, she didn't mind some of the things she learned in muggle studies.

She was fascinated by how muggles used electricity, technology, and science instead of magic in their daily lives. Despite being a pureblood she was intrigued by people who couldn't use magic, it's not like she cared for them or hated them, she was just curious.

She kept on studying for a while until someone approached her table. She internally groaned because even though the library was slightly busy, there were other available seats.

She looked up and locked eyes with a green-eyed boy with a scar branded on his forehead.

"Mind if I sit here?" he asked nervously. He didn't know why but his palms were sweating.

Her mouth morphed into a fake smile, "of course Harold."

"It's Harry."

"I know."

He shyly smiles and sits opposite her, taking out his parchments and some books he had got from some shelves.

She went back to reading through her potions book. Harry awkwardly scratches the back of his head and sighs.

Feeling his gaze on her, Artemis looks up as he gulps at her impenetrable eyes, "Say what's on your mind, something is bothering you."

"Ummm i-i" he stutters.

"Spit it out, Harold"

"You aren't going to stop calling me that are you?"

She tapped her chin, pretending to think, "Not planning on it anytime soon, no."

He let out a small laugh, "okay I guess I'll allow it."

"With or without your permission I was going to do it."

He pushed his glasses by the bridge, "I'm not really surprised about that but—umm– I was wondering something."

She narrowed her eyes, "Are you going to keep wondering, or are you going to ask me?"

He cleared his throat and sat up straighter, "Ask you."

"Go ahead." her eyes went wavering from his. He clutched his chair so it didn't seem like he was squirming in his seat. It was obvious to her that he was because he kept shifting under her gaze.

"Why do you hang out with Malfoy?" he inquired. Artemis resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the question.

It wasn't the first time she was asked this question and she knew it wouldn't be the last.

"Why do you hang out with Weasley?" she shot back, his eyes widened at her rebuttal, not expecting it. He was friends with Ron because he was the first person to be nice to him since he arrived on the train.

"Because he's my best friend," he spoke with conviction.

She raised a brow, "Draco is mine."

Harry licked his lips and shook his head, "But I don't understand why."