𝐥𝐱. 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

WARNINGS:  VIOLENCE, TRAUMA AND DEATH

Thursday, June 26th:

Artemis let out a frustrated sigh as she stood over the boiling cauldron in her family's not-so-secret room. Ever since she discovered that Mente Striae had been exposed, the group had been more cautious about entering it, because too many eyes were on them. Blaise was quick to give Harry another black eye for bothering his cousin, along with Draco's assistance, for good measure.

The stench of the potion was potent and eye-watering, but the impending fear gnawed at her, bringing her to tears more times than she could count, leaving her cousin and friends to occasionally take over.

Rewriting and restarting the potion had drained them all, but luckily it was almost done.

The combination of using a potion as well as her wand would hopefully be more deadly than a spell itself.

Artemis' hands itched to use the wand that would take Dumbledore's last breath, however, something always stopped her. Am I capable of this? She needed to be. Merlin, her adoptive father and his family kill without question, her mother and aunts did it to protect their family and she didn't doubt for a second that her grandfather had taken a life.

For father, do it for father. "Would he want this?" she asked herself.

Artemis needed to inflict the same pain she'd been feeling for over 10 years. Waking up without a father wishing her good morning or good night. She might've said goodbye, but she will never be able to say hello again.

It's what Dumbeldore deserves. She repeated to herself. Her new mantra.

Placing a few more stems of belladonna into the pot, she stirred and waited. The plant itself was one of the most toxic plants found. It was poisonous for human consumption, so she was planning on using the entire batch that Snape had secretly acquired for her.

Making a few changes to the veritserum formula was hard at the start. The potion itself was created so the person who consumed it couldn't lie. It was perfectly harmless as it was powerful. However, that wasn't just Artemis's goal. She knew that Dumbeldore could find a way to resist it, as there were ways of doing so. Which meant she had to seek out an alternative. To change the very foundation of the potion to do her bidding.

With resistance came dishonesty and she knew the headmaster would spew without batting an eye.

So she thought to herself, what if it hurt to lie? Physically. That a witch or wizard would be brought to their knees if they so much as fibbed. Swapping Ptolemy for belladonna and an adders fork for a Valerian Root and a few more cups of standard potioning water will only prolong the aching effects with each dishonest word.

Calling the potion 'a white lie' would be certainly fitting, since usually, they don't hurt anyone, but dumbledore's lies influence and impact generations.

Isn't it funny that the first thing she ever created - a cure - is used for saving a life, but now destruction and pain are what drove her creativity?

Artemis took a step back and folded her arms, her stoic expression didn't falter, but emotions swam through the brown pools of her eyes. Getting revenge on the man who caused her grief will cause grief to the entire wizarding world, she will be seen as a traitor, an evil, the villainous spawn of the dark lord himself.

Oh, bloody hell.

***

Tuesday, June 30th: