𝐥𝐢. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Thank you for 50k views guys

Circa July 1996:

PUREBLOOD HEIRS PROMISE TO TIE THE KNOT. YOUNG LOVE, TOGETHER FOREVER, OR JUST FOR NOW?

The buzz surrounding Artemis and Draco's engagement was loud enough for a bee to get frustrated.

The newly engaged couple seemed very happy, but it was anything but...

The melancholic feeling wasn't because they fell out of love, it was due to the issues surrounding the up-and-coming events of the year.

The impending doom that has become their life was suffocating the young Malfoy heir and making him choke on his own dread.

Between smoking and plotting, the summer has been very morbid for him.

Artemis believed that lighter hair coloured would brighten her vengeful mood but it practically did the opposite, the caramel-coloured dye only distracted her for an hour or two before her mood became transfixed on inflicting pain upon anyone who so much looked at her wrong.

So as said before, the couple was still so utterly in love, that the stars couldn't catch up with them, but their futures proved otherwise.

***

Tuesday, July 10th:

DRACO'S ROOM:

The moment Draco apparated back to Malfoy manor he rushed up into his room, gritted his teeth and held back the tears pooling in his eyes.

He had put on a brave face for his mother and a stoic one for the sickly smiles of other death eaters. Bile kept threatening to explode from his throat, however, he couldn't appear to be weak. For his mother, his fiancé and most of all - his family name, since his father cocked it up for them earlier this year.

He hastily opened his bedroom door and was met with Artemis's apprehensive expression, which quickly turned to a doting one once she noticed his shaking figure.

Artemis immediately stood from his bed and held her arms out, allowing him to run over and collide with her warm body. He sobbed into her chest as she ran her ring-clad fingers through his hair.

Draco could finally breathe in the safety of her arms. No facades, no fake niceties, just them.

"I've got you," she whispered as they stumbled over to his bed.

Artemis gently sat him down and placed his head on her lap. She continued soothing him as much as possible.

"It burns, it won't stop burning," he croaked out, making her feel guilty that she wasn't there, "I just want it gone," his hoarse voice was full of fear, "I hate it."

His arm would never be the same. He was branded... marked with the most famous symbol for malignity known to the wizarding world.

He wanted to blame his father for this burden and so he did.

"Let me see it," Artemis said softly.

Draco tensed, "It's vile."

"Darling-"

"No."

Draco believed if she looked at the dark mark on his arm, she would never look at him the same.

He wouldn't blame her for calling off the engagement and leaving him. It would be the easy way out and an escape from him, something he desired himself from time to time.