𝘅𝗶𝘅. 𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

Monday, 15th February 1993:

MENTE STRIAE:

It had been 2 months since the new year and today was Artemis' 13th birthday.

To be honest she was very excited about it.

She didn't mind her other birthdays, but she thought this one was more special.

She was finally a teenager, even though she acted like she was older.

Her calculated and perceptive persona led many people to think she was older than she truly was.

She was only the second oldest in her group; it was Blaise, her, Daphne, Theo, then Draco.

She couldn't wait for the other 3 to become 13, she preferred when they were all the same age, despite it only lasting 5 months.

Another thing she liked about her birthday month was that she shared it with her grandfather.

The odd thing was Septrim despised his birthday, he ignored it like it was just another random day in the year.

He of course spoiled his granddaughter, with anything he could think of, but he rejected every and any gift he received.

He did not explain as to why he didn't want to celebrate his birthday, Artemis assumed it was due to his age, but she still sent him a gift, just in case he randomly changed his mind.

Thankfully she and the rest of her group had no lessons today, so they spent the day celebrating in their headquarters.

She had received many gifts, the majority of them being from her aunts and mother.

Her favorites were a record player that her mother had bought her when she was visiting New Orleans, when she and Ophelia were on a business trip.

A poem that Draco had written for her, she had received many jewels and clothes from her best friend but for some reason, she preferred the poem he had written onto a parchment for her.

He had told her to read it when she was alone, so she waited in anticipation.

Theo had bought her a polaroid camera, he had seen many of the muggle cameras when he was abroad with his parents and had thought it was a handy little gadget.

While Daphne and Blaise had brought many designer clothes, some of which had been embroidered with diamonds. She had to ship them back home, just in case they would be stolen.

Currently, the pureblood 5, were huddled up, trying to take the perfect picture, whilst the record player was singing in the background.

Draco didn't want to be captured, especially since he didn't have any gel in his hair, but he begrudgingly put down his sketchpad and got involved.

For Artemis' sake, he kept telling himself.

The two girls were sitting on the chairs, while the boys were on their knees behind them. Daphne was holding the camera up, trying to get the best angle, as the camera kept flashing.

Theo rubbed his eyes, "Bloody hell, it's going to burn my retinas."

"Blaise you just ruined that one." Daphne huffed and pulled the picture out, shaking it so it would develop.

The Zabini wizard scoffed, "Don't lie, you know I look good." the blonde turned away, trying to conceal her blush. Artemis and Theo chuckled at her embarrassed state.

Draco continued to whine, "Hurry up, my knees are getting tired."

"Phrasing." Theo and Blaise said in unison, resulting in Draco flipping them both off.